Strike Zone Slide

philliesphan18

This may be elsewhere, but I couldn't find it when I searched so:

How do you fix the problem of the strike zone and player sliding over towards the inside of the plate? Usually this results in HRs for the computer against me.

SCREENSHOT

glitchbt5.jpg

This may be elsewhere, but I couldn't find it when I searched so:

How do you fix the problem of the strike zone and player sliding over towards the inside of the plate? Usually this results in HRs for the computer against me.

SCREENSHOT

glitchbt5.jpg

pitch inside ;)

That is a feature in the game. You can have your batters do that as well. Though, I can't recall how to do it.

- It only happens after I throw the pitch.

Why is it a feature? And why can't you turn it off? - I hate the thing!

If you pitch to both sides of the plate consistently, it doesn't happen very often.

And like compmaniac said, real players can move in the box. Anyone remember RBI baseball for Nintendo? You could move anywhere inside the batter's box.

It happens in real life too. And you can do it on offense too. There's nothing not fair about it.

Agree. And as Ty stated, don't overload one side of the plate and you will not see it happen that often. I see this too if I overload a particular side of the plate, the hitters adjust and I pay heavily for it sometimes. Part of the game.

You can do it to: Button 7 + Left Analog stick.

If you pitch to both sides of the plate consistently, it doesn't happen very often.

And like compmaniac said, real players can move in the box. Anyone remember RBI baseball for Nintendo? You could move anywhere inside the batter's box.

Not only do I remember it, but I miss it too =(

But yea, it's just in game adjustments, the same way, technically speaking, umpire variable strike zones aren't fair.

I've got a better question: how do I hit pitches out of the strikezone. I love having timed up a fat curveball perfectly, only to have the PC drop it about 3 feet and miss it completely. The replay shows there is no humanly possible way I missed the ball, except for the fact that it was either a foot below or a foot inside the strikezone.

Archived