Install Total Classics on Top of MVP07?

devils6889

is it possible to copy my already modded mvp07 folder into another directory and install total classics over that? will it work, or will there be differences and conflicts, or will it just overwrite all the custom stuff of 07 anyway?

1 more question, whats the differece when installing between the dynasty play option and exhibition play option?

Doesn't it say what the difference is when it gives you the options?

• 5 weeks later...

1 more question, whats the differece when installing between the dynasty play option and exhibition play option?

In exhibition mode, player stats will be displayed for all 120 teams. In order for this to work, we had to setup all 120 teams to be major league teams (i.e. no minor leagues). The only problem with this is that it messes things up in dynasty mode (I think it causes crashes).

If you are a dynasty player, you will want to select the dynasty play option. You can still play exhibition games. You'll just find that player stats are only visible for the 30 teams in the major league (CLS1) slots.

is it possible to install mvp07 in one folder, and in a different folder install mvp94, or mvp78? so I can play both, whenever i feel like it?

ABSOLUTELY! Many of of do this. Just create a fresh install of the game, install the particular patch you want and then make a copy of the MVP2005 folder and all of its subfolders. Rename the new folder to something else (MVP1994, etc.), and then install the full season mod to this new folder.

To make things even easier, you can create separate desktop icons for each installation.

• 7 months later...

OK, let me clear this up then:

A) Do I have to uninstall the Game?

B) Does it matter which one I install first (MVP07 - or - TC7)

C) How do I install the 2 seperately (so I have 2 different games)

Here's how to do it.

Install MVP 2005.

Keep that folder clean.

Install all the patches needed to make the game run the way it should.

Now, duplicate the MVP 2005 folder.

Rename it to MVP07, Total Classics Whatever or MVPwhateveryear

In THAT folder, install whatever version mod you wanted.

Now, if you want to install another version, recopy the MVP 2005 base folder and then rename the new folder again to whatever you are trying to install.

Got it?

Are you trying to install a total classics mod? If so, you need to have an un-modded game; or at least that's how I was able to fix mine long time ago. I was installing TC7 on top of MVP 07 mod and it kept giving me an error message during installation. Once I installed the mod on top of the original game, everything ran smoothly.

Archived