Anyone have a formula?

medric822

Hey, I was wondering if anyone has a formula or a method of converting stats from any season, and converting them to ratings for MVPBaseball 2005. Any help is appriciated.

Also, I'll be using this website: RetroSheet

No, there isn't. You can't quantify things like pitching because there is so much scouting that you can't quantify. It's just not possible for the stats to tell the difference between a good slider and a good curveball, or Joel Zumaya who pretty much just uses a fastball.

There is a formula for calculating ratings, it's written by me, entitled "How to on CAPMaking". Go to www.thesportslodge.com/forums, click on the MVP CAPs section, and pinned is the guide. PM me if you have any problems.

Okay, I'll post it here, it won't be very fancy and colorful though like it is on other sites...

How to, on CAPmaking.

by me (highlight_reel)

Welcome to my guide. I hope by reading this guide, you can get a better understanding of how to make CAPs for MVP Baseball 2005.

As we all know, MVP is out of business (although they may be coming back soon; hopefully [please, please]). However, this is the best baseball game ever made in my opinion, and this game should still be updated. If people can still update ESPN NFL 2K5, or High Heat 2003, this game, of all games, deserves it the most. You should always keep your game updated, and although I don’t have it, if you have a good computer, I highly recommend buying MVP for the PC and downloading the mods (fixers of your game) off of www.mvpmods.com. Either that, or use the CAPs on www.thesportslodge.com and keep your game up-to-date! The worst thing is having a game that ‘bites the dust’. If you still update MVP, and want to make CAPs, this guide is for you! Read on!

I have a different way of making CAPs then most CAPmakers. I like using a formula. Formulas are what I use because you need a set in stone, handwritten number that you will use. If you are a CAPmaker, learning how to make CAPs, or just a normal MVP player (we all once were), using the same CAPs/Edits in your game all the time will make your gaming experience smoother, no matter how high or low they [the ratings] are, as long as they are accurate (don’t ever go too high or too low). Many people playing the game of MVP have made a mistake of using inaccurate CAPs. If you have a guy like Blake Maxwell (2005 40th round pick by the Red Sox), his control should not be anywhere near a guy like Jake Peavy’s control. Even worse, a guy like Homer Bailey (2005 Top 100 Prospect, Starting Pitcher, Reds A) should not have control more than Dan Wheeler (Houston Astro Relief Pitcher). Same goes for batters. Before I was a CAPmaker, I made the mistake that many of you make, using two totally different styles of CAPs, and that made my gaming experience very dull. Make sure you do some research yourself (an average CAP takes 20-35 minutes... unless you’re doing someone named Anderson Gomes [Japanese minor leaguer turned White Sox minor leaguer].... don’t even ask...) and compare the stats you use to the stats someone else uses. If you have a player with a .323 batting average in AAA with a 57 contact rating, and one with a .326 with a 45 contact rating, you need to do one of four things:

A- Don’t use the one that doesn’t comply with the style of CAPs you have used the most

B- Edit the CAP accordingly

C- Ask a person who’s CAPs are similar to the style of CAPs you normally use

D- Make your own CAPs.

By doing this, as I continue to stress, your gaming experience will be a whole lot better.

If a player has made it a habit to have good years, and then they have one off year, what I normally will do is combine the present year’s stats, and the year before that’s stats. Do not use a player’s stats for that season if the season is not ¾ complete, or they were injured for more than ¾ of that season.

Now, I will explain each rating (and my formula for it- if necessary)/information, and where to find information to make the rating/information.

General Information

Name: That one’s pretty self-explanatory. If you don’t know the name of the player, how will you make the CAP?

Birthday: That one’s also pretty self-explanatory. You can find that out on www.minorleaguebaseball.com (type in the player’s last name in the player search box), www.mlb.com (click on players, type in the last name of the player in active player search), or www.thebaseballcube.com (type in the player’s full name, and information about the player like birthday should show.

First Position: This is whatever position the player plays the most. You might have to do some researching on www.google.com or www.yahoo.com to find that out, but if the player is an MILB (Minor League Baseball) player, when you find his name and birthday, his position might show as well. Same thing for www.mlb.com. Except on www.mlb.com, the position most likely will definitely show up. For pitchers, if they started more games than they pitched in relief, than they would be considered a Starting Pitcher or vice versa.

Second Position: If a player can play another position, or plays the other position frequently, then they would be given a second position. For instance, Alex Rodriguez is a 3rd baseman, except he can also play shortstop. So, you would give him second position of SS. Some players can play multiple positions, like the entire infield, or the entire outfield, so give them their second position accordingly.

Throws/Bats: This piece of information is easy. You can easily find that along with the player’s name and birthday at www.milb.com or www.mlb.com.

Career Potential: Here’s what I use to figure out career potential (for younger guys- 28 and younger, also for career minor leaguers, who won’t get anything higher than ** from me).

*****- 1-10 on the Baseball America Top 100 list (or a high draft pick- first round)

****- 10-95 on the Baseball America Top 100 list (second round draft pick)

***- 96-100 on the Baseball America Top 100 list, or a very good player who has a decent amount of potential, but might not pan out either.

**- Decent players, who can turn out to be rather good, but not your Alex Rodriguez (unless they take steroids...) They also can be players who are not very good, but not horrible. ** potential will be the potential used most often.

*- Players who do not have any potential, or continually have horrible stats.

For old players (29 and older/MLB players), here’s what I use to figure out their career potential (for editing/CAPmaking).

*****- Superstar. Already has panned out in the league for years, and has been excellent at doing so. A player you know is excellent, because he has proved it at the high level.

****- Very good player. He is one who you’d expect to see on the league leaders quite often. He’s very good, just not a superstar.

***- Good, but not great player. Someone who occasionally has pretty good years. A consistently decent player.

**- A player is okay, but below average.

*- This is a career minor leaguer.

Batter Ditty Type: There are not many good sites to find this information out, unless you have seen the player, and have listened to his intro music. The way I figure this out is by their ethnicity. If they have some Spanish, they’ll be Latin. If they are Texas people, they’ll be country, and etc. Here are all the types of Ditty Types:

COUNTRY

DANCE

HEAVY ROCK

HIP HOP

LATIN

POP

ROCK

Appearance

Jersey Number: You can always find that out at milb.com or mlb.com. If you can’t find it there, or on the team’s site itself, then look at a picture, and try to figure out the number from there.

Height: Easy. Very self-explanatory. Find that, again at milb.com, while searching for the player, or mlb.com, searching for the player again, or at the team’s specific website.

Weight: Same as the latter.

Face: Now, this is easy. Look at a player’s picture (you’ll find one somewhere), and try to figure out what face number is closest to the way they look in real-life. By finding this out (what they look like), you can determine the face number.

Hair Color: Self-explanatory. List of colors to help you out:

1: Black

2: Blonde

3: Dark Gray

4: Red

5: Brown/Blonde

6: Dark Brown

7: Blue

Hair Style: Some people have different hair styles than others. Again, self-explanatory.

Facial Hair: Another important aspect of your face choosing is facial hair. All of these face stuff are self-explanatory.

Bat: I’ll try to explain the bat types as best as I can.

1- manila bat

2- light brown, black around center

3- red, black around center

4- black, white around center

5- manila on bottom half, black on top half

6- brown on bottom half, black on top half, manila around center

7- red on bottom half, black on top half, manila around center

Glove: This is one of the most overlooked features in the create-a-player, but I still like to get it correct. You can find those pictures in Google images, Yahoo images, or the team’s website. Here is the list.

1- light brown

2- brown

3- black

4- blue

5- red

Elbow Guard: Not many players use this, but you still have Barry Bonds, right?

1- black, open on the lower elbow space

2- black, closed on the lower elbow space

3- white, open on the upper elbow space

Shin Guard: The occasional players have it.

1- black

2- white

Wristband: I guess it’s becoming a fashion to wear these.

(coming from if you were the player)

1- big on left arm

2- big on right arm

3- big on both arms

4- small on left arm

5- small on right arm

6- small on both arms

Socks: Very self-explanatory. There are only 3 types of socks. They are:

Low

Regular

High

Find these in whatever pictures you can find of the player in action.

Catcher Mask: This is what’s looked at the least, because not many players play catcher! You can guess for them.

1- Normal Catcher Mask

2- Hockey Mask

Batting Gloves: Does your player wear batting gloves? Here are the choices.

1- on

2- off

Batting Attributes

Batting Stance: In this category (although it isn’t an attribute), you determine the stance closest to the player. You can usually find this out by searching on google or yahoo images for a picture of them batting, find a baseball card, or, if you can’t find a picture there, you should either A: find a scouting report that says they’re “such-and-such likeâ€, find that such and such player’s stance, and use it. or B: Guess according to statistics, or height.

Here is a list of all the batting stances:

GENERIC

GENERIC 2

GENERIC 3 (really Tony Batista’s stance- not in the game)

BENT

CLOSED

CROUCHED

HIGH

OPEN

UPRIGHT

CLASSIC 1

CLASSIC 2

CLASSIC 3

ALOU

BAGWELL

BELTRE

Y. BERRA

B. BOONE

BURNITZ

R. CAREW

E. CHAVEZ

T. COBB

COUNSELL

DELGADO

DURHAM (former one)

EVERETT

FLOYD

J. FRANCO

FULLMER

GARCIAPARRA

L. GEHRIG

GIAMBI

GILES

GLAUS

J. GONZALEZ

GREEN

GRIFFEY JR.

V. GUERRERO

HELTON

ICHIRO

R. JACKSON

JETER

A. JONES

C. JONES

KLESKO

LOFTON

H. MATSUI

K. MATSUI

J. MORGAN

M. ORDONEZ

D. ORTIZ

PIAZZA

A. PUJOLS

M. RAMIREZ

RENTERIA

A. RODRIGUEZ

B. RUTH

SHEFFIELD

SIERRA

SOSA

THOMAS

THOME

VINA

H. WAGNER

WALKER

B. WILLIAMS

Quite a list, eh?

Contact vs. RHP/LHP: And, finally, the time you have all been waiting for, the revealing of the formulas I use! This is credit to PooDiddy, with a tad-bit of editing by me.

For the Japanese majors subtract 20

For Triple A subtract 25

For Double A subtract 30

For High A subtract 35

For Low A subtract 40

For Rookie ball subtract 45

For College subtract 48 (be reasonable)

For High School subtract 53 (be reasonable)

Here is the chart.

RATING.....CONTACT

...........AVG............

100………….400+

Now, really, let’s think reasonably. If you’re in rookie ball hitting .135 (throughout a FULL year), you’ve got a little bit of a problem, and probably won’t be kept in even that league much longer. And remember, this CAP is for someone who wants to put this person on their team, but if you really think about it, the only CAPs needed are MLB (occasionally), AAA, AA, A and sometimes Low A, not rookie ball, so don’t pull your hairs out over the dilemma. All of these CAPs, you’ve got to remember, are PROJECTION CAPs, so they will not (most of the times) come out perfectly, but try to project as best as you possibly can. Also, this chart is close to being set in stone numbers, but if a player has a breakout year, don’t be crazy about it, same for a breakdown year.

For pitchers, if they hit .300, DO NOT give them an 82 rating, please. I’d give them somewhere in the vicinity of a 52, obviously, depending on their amount of ABs. Just don’t go crazy, and as always, if you don’t find much of batting statistics, give them a 10 rating or lower.

Power vs. RHP/LHP: The next formula I use (created by yours truly, with PooDiddy doing the majority of SLG% section of the chart) is located here.

For the Japanese League majors, subtract 13

For AAA, subtract 19

For AA, subtract 23

For High A, subtract 27

For Low A, subtract 32

For Rookie ball, subtract 39

For College, subtract 44

For High School, subtract 49

By the way, always pro-rate a players season to 500 at-bats.

Rating.....Homeruns……………………………………SLG%

100+…….50……………………………………………….700

99...........49……………………………………………….690

98...........48……………………………………………….680

97...........47……………………………………………….670

96...........46……………………………………………….660

95...........45……………………………………………….650

94...........44……………………………………………….640

93...........43……………………………………………….635

92...........42……………………………………………….630

91...........41……………………………………………….615

90...........40……………………………………………….600

89...........39……………………………………………….590

88...........38……………………………………………….575

87...........37……………………………………………….560

86...........36……………………………………………….550

85...........35……………………………………………….540

84...........34……………………………………………….535

83...........33……………………………………………….525

82...........32……………………………………………….520

81...........31……………………………………………….515

80...........30……………………………………………….510

79...........29……………………………………………….508

78...........28……………………………………………….506

77...........27……………………………………………….504

76...........26……………………………………………….502

75...........25……………………………………………….500

74...........24……………………………………………….495

73...........23……………………………………………….490

72...........22……………………………………………….485

71...........21……………………………………………….480

70...........20……………………………………………….475

69...........19……………………………………………….470

68...........18……………………………………………….465

67...........17……………………………………………….460

66...........16……………………………………………….455

65...........15……………………………………………….450

64...........14……………………………………………….448

63...........13……………………………………………….443

62...........12……………………………………………….438

61...........11……………………………………………….436

60...........10……………………………………………….433

59...........9 (if he has 25+ E.B. hits**)………….430

58...........9 (if he has less than 25 E.B. hits)….425

57...........8 (if he has 25+ E.B. hits)……………..419

56...........8 (if he has less than 25 E.B. hits)….409

55...........7 (if he has 25+ E.B. hits)……………..399

54...........7 (if he has less than 25 E.B. hits)….395

53...........6 (if he has 25+ E.B. hits)……………..391

52...........6 (if he has less than 25 E.B. hits)….389

51...........5 (if he has 25+ E.B. hits)……………..388

50...........5 (if he has less than 25 E.B. hits)….386

49...........4 (if he has 25+ E.B. hits)……………..385

48...........4 (if he has less than 25 E.B. hits)….383

47...........3 (if he has 25+ E.B. hits)……………..382

46...........3 (if he has less than 25 E.B. hits)….380

45...........2 (if he has 25+ E.B. hits)……………..379

44...........2 (if he has less than 25 E.B. hits)….378

43...........1 (if he has 25+ E.B. hits)……………..376

42...........1 (if he has 20-24 E.B. hits)…………..374

41...........1 (if he has 15-19 E.B. hits)…………..372

40...........1 (if he has 15 and under E.B. hits)..370

39...........0 (if he has 25+ E.B. hits)……………..365

38...........0 (if he has 20-24 E.B. hits)…………..355

37...........0 (if he has 15-19 E.B. hits)…………..350

36………..0 (if he has 6-14 E.B. hits)…………….340

35………..0 (if he has 5 and under E.B. hits)….330

34……………………………………………………………320

33……………………………………………………………310

32……………………………………………………………300

31……………………………………………………………290

30……………………………………………………………280

29……………………………………………………………280 and under

**An E.B. hit, according to me, is a double or a triple. Homeruns do not count as E.B. hits, at least for this chart.

This goes with basically the exact same mindset that I use while doing the contact part of a CAP.

Bunting: This rating determines a player’s ability to be able to bunt. Pitchers normally get higher bunting ratings than batters, with a rating anywhere from 10-95. The speedy runners normally get anywhere from 60-99 in this rating from me, 99 being Juan Pierre, Alex Sanchez, and the like. The slower ones get anything from 20-60, because their bunting is more of sacrificing. You also must account how much they do it, by finding out their sacrifice hits number.

Plate Discipline: This rating determines how patient a player is at the plate. While discipline affects the batting average during sims, it does not affect it during play. Here is a formula I made to determine Plate Discipline.

For Japan subtract 5

For AAA subtract 10

For AA subtract 15

For High A-Rookie Ball subtract 20

For college subtract 25

For high school subtract 30

450 over = 99

437-449 = 95

424-436 = 90

411-423 = 85

398-410 = 80

385-397 = 75

372-384 = 70

359-371 = 65

346-358 = 60

333-345 = 55

320-332 = 50

294-319 = 40

281-306 = 30

175-280 = 20

001-174 = 10

000 = 0

Use this wisely. If someone just begins a season and has a .750 OBP, don’t go all crazy and give them 99 plate discipline. Use good judgement.

Durability: This rating is like the toughness rating in Madden. It determines two things:

A- How many games in a row a player can play without getting tired

B- How prone the player is to injuries.

Here is a good formula to figure this out.

created by me

This is on average, PLEASE do not do it after one year. Let’s say a player misses half of the year due to a leg injury, but normally plays 140 games a year, instead of giving him a 60, give him somewhere in the range of 70 or 80.

100% of games played- 99 durability

95-99% of games played- 95 durability

88-94% of games played- 90 durability

83-87% of games played- 85 durability

78-82% of games played- 80 durability

72-77% of games played- 75 durability

65-71% of games played- 70 durability

56-64% of games played- 65 durability

50-55% of games played- 60 durability

43-49% of games played- 55 durability

36-42% of games played- 50 durability

29-35% of games played- 40 durability

28% and under of games played- 30 durability

You’ve got to also account what position they play. If it’s a DH, lower the durability rating 20, because they don’t play in the field. If it’s a catcher, raise the durability rating 5 or 10 because you must remember, catching is a very difficult position. For other positions, this formula should be fine. Also, if they play in the minor leagues, subtract 10 because their season is not 162 games. I do not give anyone lower than a 30 durability and this is only if they are built like a string, or get injured “every other minuteâ€.

Speed: This rating determines how quick a player is. Normally, you can find this out through the amount of stolen bases (the higher the quicker) and through a few scouting reports. 99 is the highest I’ll go for any player, or else they are way too quick (there is a 100 rating). Generally, shortstops, second basemen, and centerfielders are the quickest positions because of what they have to do in the field, so those are the players you will see with a higher rating.

Stealing Tendency: This rating determines how often a player attempts to steal a base. You must be careful not to give a player too high of a stealing tendency because they are quick. Remember, there’s always the Bernie Williams, Andruw Jones, and Robinson Canos. If a player attempts to steal a ton, a la Rafael Furcal and Jose Reyes, give them something in the 90s.

Baserunning Ability: This rating determines how good a player is on the basepaths. The way I determine it is by looking at how many times a player has been caught stealing as opposed to not. If you have seen a player play, and have seen them make many baserunning blunders, give them a low rating as well.

Fielding: This rating determines how good a fielder a player is. I’ve been working on a formula for this, but to no avail. This rating is more of a “find it through scouting reports†rating. Also, you can find this out by the amount of errors, and fielding percentages.

Range: This rating determines how much ground a fielder can cover when on the run. Speed factors into this rating as well, because no matter how much range you have, you must have the speed to cover it. Make sure to give a speedy player a pretty good range rating. Center fielders must have more range than 1st basemen.

Throwing Strength: This rating determines how hard a player can throw the ball. A 99 is for a player like Jose Reyes or Bengie Molina. A 60 is for a first baseman or the like.

Throwing Accuracy: This rating determines how accurate a player is when throwing the ball. A player can have all the throwing strength in the world, but that doesn’t matter in this rating.

Juan Pierre is a good example. I tend to give an average rating for the minor leaguers I haven’t seen play, unless I get a scouting report.

Tendencies

Tendencies in general: Many are scared by the tendency rating in MVP. But once you get it, it’s quite easy.

The higher the rating is, the more inclined to do it.

The lower the rating is, the less inclined to do it.

Take- how much percent of the time he would take against a certain pitch. If he is a free swinger, it would be lower than a player who has 100 BBs.

Miss- how much percent of the time he would swing and miss against a certain pitch. If he had more strikeouts, his miss would be high. In this case, it's bad.

Chase- Again, this is for free swingers. Especially free swingers who chase pitches out of the zone.

What I do is pro-rate the players’ splits to 500 ABs, and find out how many BB/Ks he has versus that particular type of pitcher.

Remember, chase doesn’t mean they will necessarily miss (contact determines that) and take doesn’t mean they will walk (plate discipline determines that and miss), so it isn’t that important of a rating.

Hot/Cold Zones

We have come to the end of the offensive attributes. It is now time that you learn how to do the hot/cold zones.

This is a very subjective matter, and it varies by player.

A lot of hot zones, cold on the bottom row: That player is mostly a contact hitter. He can hit anything even when chasing. Those types of players are: Juan Pierre, Ichiro, Jose Reyes, Chone Figgins, and the like.

Even amount of hot/cold zones: That player can hit for decent power and has a pretty good batting average, i.e. Hideki Matsui.

More cold zones than hot zones: This player strikes out a ton.

All cold zones: I do that to only pitchers who do not have a hit or do not have hitting statistics.

I also use the hot/cold zones on foxsports.com. I don’t use them all the way though. Let’s say that their zone has a .300 average, I’d subtract it by 30-50 to make it .270-.250. Make sure that you use the splits… the people with higher averages

This is just a general guide, but take them as they come. Any questions, feel free to ask.

Pitching Attributes

We have now reached the pitching attributes section.

Pitcher Deliveries: You can find these by watching videos on MLB.com, youtube.com, or looking for pictures and trying off of that.

Stamina: This rating determines how long a pitcher can stay in the game. Relief pitchers obviously have lower stamina ratings than starting pitchers because relief pitchers pitch only an inning or two.

For starting pitchers, I do IP/G = # multiplied by 10 + 26

For relief pitchers, here’s a formula I use: IP/G= # multiplied by 10 + 30.

Pickoff: This rating shows how good of a pickoff move a pitcher has. Left handed pitchers generally have a better pickoff rating than righties. Unless I know something about the player’s pickoff move (from a scouting report, or from watching them), I determine pickoff like this:

LHP- 55-75

RHP- 40-60

Control: This rating determines how much control of a pitch a player has. This is a general chart I use for control.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For Japanese League majors subtract 12

For AAA subtract 15

For AA subtract 20

For High A subtract 25

For Low A subtract 30

For Rookie Ball subtract 35

For College subtract 40

For High School subtract 45

99-95 control- (RP) 0.00 E.R.A. to 1.32 E.R.A.

6/1 K/BB Ratio

(SP) 0.00 E.R.A. to 1.99 E.R.A.

6/1 K/BB Ratio

94-90 control- (RP) 1.33 E.R.A. to 1.85 E.R.A.

5.5/1 K/BB Ratio

(SP) 2.00 E.R.A. to 2.53 E.R.A.

5.5/1 K/BB Ratio

89-85 control- (RP) 1.86 E.R.A to 2.23 E.R.A.

5/1 K/BB Ratio

(SP) 2.54 E.R.A. to 2.87 E.R.A.

5/1 K/BB Ratio

84-80 control- (RP) 2.24 E.R.A to 2.72 E.R.A.

4.5/1 K/BB Ratio

(SP) 2.88 E.R.A. to 3.22 E.R.A.

4.5/1 K/BB Ratio

79-75 control- (RP) 2.73 E.R.A. to 3.30 E.R.A.

4/1 K/BB Ratio

(SP) 3.23 E.R.A. to 3.81 E.R.A.

4/1 K/BB Ratio

74-70 control- (RP) 3.31 E.R.A. to 3.96 E.R.A.

15-18 more Ks than BBs

(SP) 3.82 E.R.A. to 4.45 E.R.A.

3.5/1 K/BB Ratio

69-65 control- (RP) 3.97 E.R.A. to 4.57 E.R.A.

10-15 more Ks than BBs

(SP) 4.46 E.R.A. to 4.97 E.R.A.

3/1 K/BB Ratio

64-60 control- (RP) 4.58 E.R.A. to 5.03 E.R.A.

7-9 more Ks than BBs

(SP) 4.98 E.R.A. to 5.33 E.R.A.

2.5/1 K/BB Ratio

59-55 control- (RP) 5.04 E.R.A. to 5.49 E.R.A.

5 or 6 more Ks than BBs

(SP) 5.34 E.R.A. to 5.77 E.R.A.

2/1 K/BB Ratio

54-50 control- (RP) 5.50 E,R,A to 6.02 E.R.A.

3 or 4 more Ks than BBs

(SP) 5.78 E.R.A. to 6.34 E.R.A.

1.5/1 K/BB Ratio

49-45 control- (RP) 6.03 E.R.A to 6.89 E.R.A.

1 or 2 more Ks than BBs

(SP) 6.35 E.R.A. to 7.32 E.R.A.

1/1 K/BB Ratio

44-40 control- (RP) 6.90+ E.R.A.

same number of Ks/BBs or more BBs than Ks

(SP) 7.33+ E.R.A.

more BBs than Ks

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And for this, it’s the same like I said for contact.

Velocity: This rating determines how fast the ball is thrown. Find out the player’s velocity by going on google and searching for say, Angel Guzman fastball. Always add 2 to whatever the velocity is.

Trajectory: This rating determines the motion of the ball. It goes like a clock.

Movement: This rating determines how much movement a pitch has after thrown. Barry Zito’s curveball is surely in the 90s. Curveballs, knucklers, screwballs, etc. are more likely to get a higher movement rating than a 2-seam fastball.

Helpful Scouting Sites:

www.google.com

www.mlb.com

www.minorleaguesplits.com

www.milb.com

And that, is all! You have now learned how to make CAPs if you have read this book (LOL). Please use this thread to comment on it, and the like. Show me your CAPs and I will critique them.

One last thing, I DO NOT believe my CAPs are right, I do not believe there is a right CAP. While I use a different style of CAPs/Edits than most, that doesn’t mean that I’m wrong, and that doesn’t mean I’m right either. Using the same style of CAPs enhances your gameplay, and it will no matter what style you use (as long as it isn’t horribly inflated).

CAPs take some time. It takes time to read this guide. It takes time to get good at CAPmaking. But in the end, it’s all worth it. Play ball!

(If you want to tryout a CAP/Edit and get some help from me afterwards, I’m at thesportslodge.com and sportzinsomnia.net, or right here, mvpmods.com.)

This guide has been written by highlight_reel.

Email: highlight_reele@yahoo.com

Well, "accurate" is all in the eyes of the beholder. Totte's rosters are very accurate, but when I take them and edit them a bit, they become even more "accurate" in my eyes, but in Totte's eyes, they become less "accurate".

Well, "accurate" is all in the eyes of the beholder.

You can say that again.

BUT the idea behind an "accurate" formula is for that formula to recreate stats that are damn close to real stats when siming a season

Archived