Did you ever wonder?

Yankee4Life

Have you ever had anything that you've come across that you needed explaining but no one you know could explain it or understood it either? This is what this thread is about.

You see, I was out of town this weekend and I had a lot of time to do nothing and when I finished that, I did more of nothing.

I've got two questions here, one from a movie and one from a song lyric. I have no idea what is meant by either of them and they've been on my mind off and on for years.

The first one is a Guns n' Roses song called You could be mine. This song was featured in Terminator 2. The lyrics to this song can be found right here.

Here is my question: what the heck did Axl Rose mean by "You've gone sketchin' too many times"? Here's the lyric:

You've gone sketchin' too many times

Why don't ya give it a rest

Why

Must you find

Another reason to cry

What the hell is sketchin??? That's what I want to know. The only "sketching" I know is when you are drawing something.

The second one is from the Planet of the Apes movie that was made in 2001 with Mark Walberg. Now for anyone who has seen the movie, the ape named was locked in the spaceship and no one let him out. How the hell then when Mark Walberg took off in the spaceship at the end and go back to his own time did Thade change history? I still don't understand the ending to that movie. I mean I liked this movie but I was pissed off at the end because it made no sense.

If anyone has questions of their own like this, put them in here, maybe one of us will know the answer. I'm hoping someone can help me with mine.

from the urban dictionary:

1. Sketchin

To feel the negative effects of Drugs..

After tripping on two hits of LSD.. I was sketchin really hard after the party.. I felt like shit...

and i too would love the explanation for the apes ending too.

Sketchin' also means to "feel the bad effects of drugs". I saw a couple references to drugs in that song, so perhaps that's the meaning.

HA! mark this down, it's history. i believe this is the first time that you and i have had the same response and you haven't beaten me to it!

Ok, well that sketchin' question has been cleared up. And only after 16 years! :lol:

sometimes asking is the hardest thing to do :)

as far as wind, if you understand how pressure flows from high to low, it's the same explanation. i believe wikipedia has a very good explanation of it.

The remake's ending is actually closer to that of the book on which the original films were based. In the book, the protagonist returns to Earth from the planet of the apes only to find that Earth itself is populated by apes, and that after his hundreds of years (relative) of space travel apes are the dominant species in the galaxy. The famous Statue of Liberty ending revealing that the ape planet was really a post-nuclear war Earth was an alteration made in the original movie.

dang. so it is revealed.

here's another conundrum. why is it in the movies, when there is contact with species of anther planet, they always speak english. obviously there's the simple answer for this so i guess i'm just venting. can i do that here?

for instance in the superman II movie, when zod and the gang escape from the phantom zone and meet with the puny earthlings, they low and behold speak english. that and of course how they inexplicably are able to conclude that the closer they get to this yellow sun the more powers they get. this conclusion comes right out of thin air. i mean, come on! not to mention that they suddenly have all these powers that took superman years to gain and even more years to train to utilize them.

okay, here's one. the new photoshop has this new tool called the heal tool. from all of my testing, i really can't tell how it's different from the stamp tool. can anyone explain the difference. practically speaking it just seems to do the exact same thing for me.

If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there yo hear it, does it make a sound?

No, seriusly, from what I remember of that movie, I assumed that the strange time portal he went through sends you further back in time, based upon your point of entry. IE- object A enterss, and winds up at year 400. Object B enters 2 minuets later, and winds up at year 300. Object C enters, and winds up at year 100. And when he went through the portal again, he went back to the time period, or close to, the time period of that in which he left.

But as for when the apes got to Earth way earlier, this is the only rexplanation I can give, is that it is similar to that of when he landed on their planet.

dang. so it is revealed.

here's another conundrum. why is it in the movies, when there is contact with species of anther planet, they always speak english.

Steal the satchel placing it in front of the panel, put the junk mail on the satchel. Then take off your gown putting it on the hook plus you have to clog the drain with a towel before pressing the button

That is how I got my Babelfish anyway

Moving along.

What is considered missionary position? And, why is it called missionary. Missionary makes me think of overseas evangelism. I'm not searching the net for this because I don't want pictures. Just a clean answer without any lewdness or what not.

:o)

Well I never needed to know that but I do notice that is mentioned on TV and this girl gave me TMI when she mentioned that crap to me, so now I'm figuring I'd figure it out before I die. I'm sure I'd already know this if I didn't stay away from dirty movies or jokes. I assume. I never cared to know. I have an assumption, but I don't really KNOW that I know.

Well with 47 people logged on, I guess I just killed this thread.

Archived