UR or KG?

cujosevic

It's really a matter of opinion, try them both and see which one suits you the best.

UR has been around for the longest is a known name when it comes to roster modding. KG is the "newcomer" but delivers a solid product as well.

Can anyone explain to me what the differences are?

They're both so called total minors rosters which means that they both have real organisational rosters from MLB down to single-A.

The main difference I would say is the how players are rated. You really need to check both rosters out and decide which one you like best.

Can anyone explain to me what the differences are?

I'd say kg has the more accurate and detail-orientated minor leagues and they both have good accurate major league rosters. The main difference there would be in their own rating systems. For pitchers, I like kg more. For hitters, personally I'd say it's up in the air and subjective since they both have a different feel.

Well, UR uses a more statistical approach to rating hitters and pitchers. KG uses this method to an extent, but also there is a bit more subjectiveness to KG's rosters.

UR is fairly cut-and-dry when it comes to ratings. Formulaic.

KG goes on past performance, but also a bit on reputation/current performance/expectations/etc.

As far as the accuracy of the rosters - nobody is ever going to be a 100% perfect - but these two are pretty close.

personally i like UR..this is mainly because they were the rirst ones i used and i just stuck with them...

KG's are still very good.. i have used this when they are the most recent out (which isnt often because rosters get released at about the same time)

I agree with Totte just try them both out and see which you like better

I'll echo the sentiment around here by saying that you really have to try them both. If you have used UR for a while, you will probably continue to feel comfortable with the roster, but each roster has very different feel. However, UR is the most popular mod on MVPmods by far, so it is obviously a quality roster.

Well, UR uses a more statistical approach to rating hitters and pitchers. KG uses this method to an extent, but also there is a bit more subjectiveness to KG's rosters.

UR is fairly cut-and-dry when it comes to ratings. Formulaic.

KG goes on past performance, but also a bit on reputation/current performance/expectations/etc.

Very good point. Correct me if I am wrong, but UR also uses four years worth of splits for hitters (2003-2005, + 2006) compared to Epic/KG. (I only used 2004 - 2006.) When creating ratings I felt free to change things around when it came to bench players, players with low ABs, reputation as you mentioned, etc. UR pitcher ratings also are more alike previous versions while those in Epic/KG change yearly.

Is there any models.big out there for KG's rosters?

Yeah. All of them. Officially, Krawhithams models.big works for both KG and UR, while Big Shmooz supposedly only works for only UR. Simply, KG uses the same CF numbers as UR. In the end, I wind up using the same numbers as UR in order to keep my roster compatible with all the models.bigs. Simply, all the rosters work with the same models.bigs and it would not be a good idea to make your roster incompatible with any of the models.bigs.

UR has been around for the longest is a known name when it comes to roster modding. KG is the "newcomer" but delivers a solid product as well.

UR is the solid foundation of MVPmods in my opinion, as long as Totte updates the roster there will be interest in MVP 2005. (Other than for TC purposes.) This is the longest running MVP 2005 roster mod. Though in actuality, Epic has been around since February 2005 which actually makes it the longest running roster mod on MVPmods. However, that's because it was a MVP 2004 mod until February 2006 when the converted beta for MVP 2005 came out.

Archived