Home Run Showdown - Removing the Black Divider Bar

fookes

Does anyone know what .big file this image is embedded in? murph4thehall did a mod a while back that stated it was removed in the datafile, but that simply doesn't work. The HROnly.big file does contain the overlay which I have been able to alter, but wondering if anyone has had luck with this as I am working on a batting practice mod. Many Thanks!

• 9 months later...

I doubt this could be removed, there has to be something between the two players. It's not like they're actually hitting on the same field at one time (it's not one image).

What if there were 2 righties or 2 lefties going against eachother?

it wouldn't necessarily look like that in .fsh file. it's more likely a small black square or something like that.

My guess is that it is just a black rectangle defined in the overlay. (without a corresponding image file)

I'm pretty sure its an image, unsure of the size, but I would imagine its fairly small then just stretched based upon vertical resolution.... I've made most all of the images in hrsonly.big transparent, but none of them removed the divider line. I've been stumped for quite some time on this.

Have you edited the fes_ingamehrd.fel inside of minigame.big?

Thx Ty, just checked there and changed a few variables, but haven't found anything in there relating to the divider line. I will have to review it in more detail tonight.

Line 23:

RT:BLACK,1,0,318,-1,4,482,1,1,1,1,1,000,000,000,0,1,1,000,000,000,0,0,255,-1,0,0

I changed to:

RT:BLACK,1,0,318,-1,4,482,1,1,1,1,1,000,000,255,0,1,1,000,000,000,0,0,255,-1,0,0

and it changed the black line to a blue line.

try changing the dimensions of it to make it insignificant.

I tried that before I tried changing the color. The black bar was still there.

Also I changed the new dimensions to 4 x 100, with the blue color. This gives a blue line at the top, and a black line underneath it.

Here is what its looking like, removed all the clutter.... You can now bat as long as you like, still trying to figure out how to create variation in the Pitch Types so they aren't meat. Any thoughts?

Yep, the plan is to make a first person bat cam with a first person field cam once the ball is hit so you can travel it while at home plate. I've got some datafile work to do to make the pitching harder, and I would like to juice the hitting down as well.... Should be done in a few days.

Cams are done, will include first person(shown below). Still working on the pitch variation, once set on MVP its actually pretty dynamic, but it would be nice if pitches were completely variable and thrown off the plate.

Ty - Any idea on where this data would be located?

Cams are done, will include first person(shown below) and third person. Still working on the pitch variation, once set on MVP its actually pretty dynamic, but it would be nice if pitches were completely variable and thrown off the plate.

Ty - Any idea on where this data would be located?

If it's not in the datafile, then it would have to be in the game code, I think.

Archived