The Wiki Thread

ronmexico

I love the site as well. I get lost in it at times. Right now Im looking at the page for my hometown of Lima, OH. I found this to be extremely hilarious. From the myth and legend section...

Spencer Tracy played the Faurot Opera House for a season in the 1920s. In Lima for four months, Tracy was frustrated and afraid that New York producers would forget about him. In 1954, when he was filming Bad Day at Black Rock in a desolate desert town in California, someone said this must be the worst place in the world to be stuck in. Tracy said, “Then you’ve never been to Lima, Ohio.â€

My dad always told me a quote and I can't remember who said it, but it was like this....(referring to a place) "it wasn't the end of the world, but you can see if from there." I think it was someone famous referring to Lima but I can't remember who.

also, The Cold War left its mark on Lima, also. Most Lima residents firmly believed that their hometown was very high--in the top 5, the story usually went--on the top secret list of places the Russians planned to bomb. Because of the oil industry and the tank plant, most people accepted this as at least a possibility, and baby boomers were certain that they would not need to learn to "duck and cover" because they were at ground zero with no chance of survival.

It also says that Ben Roethlisberger is from Lima which he is not. He is from Findlay, OH which is the next county NE from Lima's. Wikipedia mistake found.

Wiki is the most distracting site on the internet...behind mvpmods ;)

I get lost playing the wiki game all the time, and never have the time for my work cause of it. :?

If you ever watched Deadwood on HBO this is pretty good.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deadwood%2C_South_Dakota

You'll see all the characters from the show but if you read through their bios you'll see a lot of inaccuracies that are in the show.

which someone pointed out on the shows wiki.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deadwood_%28TV_series%29

It's mostly distracting when you play the wiki game, and the wiki game goes like this:

You open up a random page on wiki, a random term. You read it until you hit a word you don't know that has a wiki link. You read that link and click the links in there that you don't know, and you go on like that until you have 20 minutes to finish an 8 page paper, then you cry, come to a realization and take the next day of school off to finish your paper :)

It's mostly distracting when you play the wiki game, and the wiki game goes like this:

You open up a random page on wiki, a random term. You read it until you hit a word you don't know that has a wiki link. You read that link and click the links in there that you don't know, and you go on like that until you have 20 minutes to finish an 8 page paper, then you cry, come to a realization and take the next day of school off to finish your paper :)

LOL - Man, and I thought I had heard it all!

Just learned that Trey Parker and Matt Stone are planning a new movie called Giant Monsters Attack Japan! and a highschool comedy called My All-American. Also, Ricky Gervais is planning a project with JJ Abrams. Hope all is factual

Archived