Great Moments in History

philliesphan18

This dynasty thread is different from all of the others out there. It is sort of like a TV mini-series. Here's how it works: The thread is open to all posters who want to post their games. The game must be from an important baseball moment in the past. Recreate the game using Total Classics, MVP94, or one of the previous years (61, etc...). Next, post your game here in this thread. This style of a dynasty is perfect for those of us who need a one or two game break from our dynasty because they might be getting bored, or for those whose attention spans never evovled and cannot stick with a regular dynasty. So without further adue...

Game Seven of the 2001 World Series

New York Yankees (CPU) vs Arizona Diamondbacks (USER)

Info: Like the actual circumstances, the game starts in the bottom of the ninth with Arizona trailing 2-1 and Mark Grace leading off.

The ninth inning started off looking bleak for the Arizona Diamondbacks. Mariano Rivira was still pitching fabulously in the ninth, getting Mark Grace to pop out to RF. But, then, with one out, Damian Miller stepped up to the plate and slugged a 2-1 inside fastball over the LF fence to tie the game up at two.

dmillerpngdx4.png

Miller's two-run shot in the ninth

Mo responded however, with his usual dominence, by striking out the next two batters. Randy Johnson and Tony Womack both had no idea what was coming at them next.

mopngoy9.png

Mo's Ks of Johnson and Womack

In the top of the tenth, things started out bleak for Arizona. Tino Martinez took the first Randy Johnson pitch he saw deep into CF for a double.

tmartinezpngbj6.png

Tino's double in the tenth

However, Johnson responded by popping up the next two batters and retiring the last on a ground-out. The bottom of the tenth started out with two D-backs singles from Craig Counsel and Luis Gonzales and the Yankees infield was pulled in. Steve Finely countered that by pulling the second Mike Stanton pitch he saw down the RF line to score the game winning run.

sfinelypnghy0.png

Steve Finely's game winning hit

ccounselgu5.png

Craig Counsel crosses the plate to win the game

celebratepngpm1.png

The D-Backs bench goes wild

The final score - NYY 2 ARI 3 (10 innings)

This is a really nice idea. I would definitely love to post some classic match-ups on here. Thanks for creating this thread.

Just wondering, but can anyone post this?

in the very first paragraph....

The thread is open to all posters who want to post their games.

[align=center]Game 6 - 1986 World Series - Boston Red Sox @ New York Mets[/align]

[align=center]BOS-NYM-G6.jpg[/align]

[align=center]Box Score / Play-By-Play Analysis[/align]

EDIT: Does anyone know how to get rid of the background? I had a transparent background but when I posted the pic, it ended up having a white background. So, I decided to go with a background for the above pic, but I would like to know how to get rid of it.

is there anyway to keep mvp 07, while having total classics?
You can have multiple installs of the game. I currently have 4 - one for MVP 05, MVP 06 ILF, MVP 07, TC 6/7.

I always have a backup of the original game (without any mods). And whenever there is an update to total classics or a total conversion mod is released I just install that on top of the backup of my original game. Hope that makes sense.

In this case, it maybe better for you to install Total Classics first and then MVP 07 since the 07 mod does not require you to have the original game installed.

Here are the steps that you would want to take. Keep in mind that I believe this is the long way of doing it. I think Kraw made a thread or a post in regards to how one can have multiple installs. If the following steps get too complicated or is just too long for you, you may want to search for the post Kraw made.

1. Make a copy of your current MVP 07 directory (c:program filesEA SPORTS....) and save it temporarily on your desktop

2. Now delete the file inside c:program filesEA SPORTS....

3. Do a fresh install of the game. make sure that you don't add any mods after you install

4. Now, create a folder somewhere on your computer where you would have the copy of your original game

5. Move your MVP 07 that you had copied in step 1 back to c:program filesEA SPORTS....

6. Currently you should have two folders inside EA SPORTS for MVP Baseball - one would be your fresh install (without any mods) and the other one would be your MVP 07 mod.

7. Now, just run the total classics installer and point to your default MVP Baseball 2005 directory.

That is it. Now you have two installs of the game - one for MVP 07 and one for TC.

• 3 weeks later...

[align=center]Game 6 - 1986 World Series - Boston Red Sox @ New York Mets[/align]

[align=center]BOS-NYM-G6.jpg[/align]

[align=center]Box Score / Play-By-Play Analysis[/align]

EDIT: Does anyone know how to get rid of the background? I had a transparent background but when I posted the pic, it ended up having a white background. So, I decided to go with a background for the above pic, but I would like to know how to get rid of it.

Wow! I forgot I made this thread and forgot to check it! And to get rid of the background for the above pic, set the transparent background to the background color for the forums or:

R: 220

G: 220

B: 213

I'm really glad to see someone post in here and I encourage more people to do so. I would post another but right now I'm really into my Holsinger Brothers Dynasty. Perhaps I'll post another one sometime in the future.

Archived