Problem trying to sim in/out of games

DoubleD

So I decided to try and make a dynasty where I focus on only being one pitcher, kind of like Madden's Career mode type thing.

Was going to sim all games the pitcher doesn't pitch. And when it's his game, I was going to just pitch the half innings when he's pitching, and just go back to sim options and manage through the batter innings so that 1) I wouldn't have an affect on the offensive outcome and 2) would be faster then sitting through half-innings in games, making the game time quicken by a lot and allow me to play more games in a less amount of time.

However, after a few innings, everytime I try to go back in-game to pitch after managing a half inning, the game crashes once it finishes loading on the loading screen, crashing just before MVP returns to going ingame. I've tried about 5 different times, trying a different stadium aswell, and same thing.

The error that comes up is just the generic windows error "An Error has occured in the program, blah blah blah"

Now this is on a pretty average laptop, with all settings set to the lowest I can set them. Is the problem that my laptop can't handle the constant going in and out of the game?

Out of things that should matter towards this that I have installed, the only one would be MVP 06. Do you think it'll be fine if I un-install and re-install w/o installing anything (other then roster files)?

Any ideas? I was hoping to be able to do this, thought it would be pretty fun to do, but now I'm dissappointed.

I also tried searching, but I didn't know what to search for outside of "crash", and there's quite a few threads dealing with that, lol.

edit: I just tried a double A game, in double a stadium one, and although I still crashed, I lasted a lot longer into the game.

Archived