Seldom heard audio

AstroEric

I just finished a game where Biggio hit his 3,000th in the 8th inning (setting off a major rally -- six runs scored off the Red's bullpen for a come from behind 6-3 win), and was pleasantly surprised when, after 2,999, Krukow announced that Biggio was one hit away from joining an elite club, and then on 3,000 when he announced the record.

Are there other instances of special audio in the game that you've run into?

--Eric

A-Rod 500th home run, Sosa 600th home run, Bonds 755th and 756th home run,etc.

No, you don't understand. He means having it announced by the Mvp announcers in the game itself.

All-Time Single Season Homerun / Hit / Double Records (it was my first dynasty so i was playing in the rookie mode).

But single player special announcements, i don't think i heard one yet.

I've seen (or rather heard) this as well:

When Joey Gathright hit his 37th (!) triple of the season (in Owner Mode), the announcers stated that he had just broken the all-time record. It's pretty cool because it adds a lot of realism to the game.

No, you don't understand. He means having it announced by the Mvp announcers in the game itself.

Yes that i understand, that are all the special instances that i've run into.

It's really cool, you can hear it in wins (example: Glavine 300th win), in Ks and in saves.

Yes that i understand, that are all the special instances that i've run into.

It's really cool, you can hear it in wins (example: Glavine 300th win), in Ks and in saves.

Oh, ok. My mistake.

Oh, ok. My mistake.

No problem. It's strange that you didn't heard it . If you are doing a dynasty with the Yankees (and i know that you're doing a dynasty with the Yankees) there are a lot of milestones.

There are a lot of cool things said by the broadcasters in this game.

Another cool thing is "stop! THIEF! This is the fourth stolen base of the game"

Wait you can actually play this game? Here I have been modding this whole time, I didn't know you played it too.

Never heard anything out of the ordinary. Then again I have never gotten past April in a dynasty.

they've mentioned it when i passed nolan ryan on the all time K's record. i believe the same thing happened with rickey's stolen base record.

I've heard all of the above-mentioned ones, and also they mention winning streaks at the start of the game - and for the first at-bat, I've had them mention hitting streaks as well.

They also announce the single season stolen base record.

What is the single season stolen base record by the way? I have a dynasty with about 40-50 games left and a player with around 80 stolen bases.

So the announcers mention it but there's no All-time Records list in the game? Thats weird. I wonder if they do the hits streak as well?

They announce records as they are broken, but only records that existed in REAL life, in 2005. So, say, in your dynasty, Barry Bonds ends with 765 (10 more than the real life record) after the 2007 season, and retires.

Then let's say with A-Rod, 5 or 6 or 10 or whatever years down the road, you hit 755 and then 756. They will announce that A-Rod has just become the "All time home run king" or whatever - b/c you broke Hank Aaron's real life record (that was coded into MVP2005)... but when you hit 765 and 766, it won't say anything, because the game does NOT "remember" that the "original" record has been broken and re-set by a player during the dynasty. Unfortunate, but this is a limitation of the way the game was coded.

Thus - no "All Time Records" list either... although someone MIGHT be able to set up some 3rd party program to keep track of all that stuff... maybe even as an addition to the box score extractor, or something (tracking EVERY player's stats since the dynasty start, comparing them to the existing real-life records, and recording them once they player retires).

I would have no idea how to do such a thing - just a thought.

(Oh, and yes, I have heard them do hit-streaks).

What is the single season stolen base record by the way? I have a dynasty with about 40-50 games left and a player with around 80 stolen bases.

Well, Hugh Nicol had 138 in 1887 for Cincinnati... but as for the MODERN record:

The MLB (and AL) Record:

Rickey Henderson (OAK) in 1982: 130 stolen bases.

The NL Record:

Lou Brock (STL) in 1974: 118 stolen bases.

EDIT: Here is some info as to why Nicol's record is not considered the "modern" record:

In the 19th century, stolen bases were credited when a baserunner reached an extra base on a base hit from another player. For example if a runner on first base reached third base on a single, it would count as a steal. In 1887, Hugh Nicol set a still-standing Major League record with 138 stolen bases, many of which would not have counted under modern rules. Modern steal rules were implemented in 1898, and steals are now only credited when a runner successfully takes an extra base while the ball is being pitched. In addition, if the situation of the game is such that the steal is of little use (usually in the late innings when the runner would not change the game's outcome by scoring), and the catcher does not attempt to throw out the runner, the runner is not credited with a steal, and the base is attributed to defensive indifference.

Thus - no "All Time Records" list either... although someone MIGHT be able to set up some 3rd party program to keep track of all that stuff... maybe even as an addition to the box score extractor, or something (tracking EVERY player's stats since the dynasty start, comparing them to the existing real-life records, and recording them once they player retires).

I miss something similar to this from High Heat -- when it would list the accomplishments of other teams in the league, like 20K's or no hitters.

I wish that was a part of MVP.

i liked in high heat when they would mention a rookie making his major league debut during his first at bat. that kinda stuff is killer

I always liked that when they did it.

Archived