Stinking computer...

AstroEric

I was just in the ninth-inning of a blowout against Cinncinnati. 11-1 going into the bottom of the ninth (Played small ball with bloop singles and hit n' runs until Berkman hit a grand slam earlier, starting a huge rally). Got two outs pretty quickly with Lidge.

Then I go on a streak of bad luck. Bruntlett boots the ball twice at shortstop. Berkman's foot misses the bag on two consecutive throws from second base (even though I had him run back over the bag before the runner got there, the out still didn't count!).

I put in Lamb at defense at first. Guess what? His foot misses the bag too!

Then Burke drops a ball in CF that rolls up the hill for a bases-clearing KG Jr. triple!

In the end, I had eight errors in the bottom of the ninth, and despite only winning 11-7, my pitchers only had one earned run between them.

I feel like the computer must've been out to get me!

--Eric

Check with your players.

They may be on the take.

Can anyone say, "Black Stros" Scandal?

Why are all thrown games, or gambling related games always seem to involve the reds.

Maybe the league should check that out? Coincidence? I think not.

Wow! What was that pitcher's ERA? Must not have been too high, none of the runs were earned!

Lidge is at 3.98 on the season, and White has an astounding 1.12 ERA.

you were closing with Lidge?

Well that explains it

I was winning 11-1. It's not really closing at that point.

Wheeler's been my dynasty closer since last year (0.58 ERA so far). I have foresight that the Astros' management doesn't for some reason.

Archived