MLB.tv subscription issue?

Totte

Question at the moment is whether or not my MLB.tv account is still active because I can’t view any games anymore. The Premium 700k service worked like a charm all of April and in early May but the last 2 weeks or so but now neither the 400k or 700k connection works for me through www.mlb.tv . When I try to login, I get routed to a subscription site that says that I don’t have access to MLB.tv material or the Mosaic player.

I can run Mosaic without problems but when I click one of the games to enlarge the screen for that game, my browser starts and directs me to the MLB.tv Subscription site.

I’ve contacted the support about this issue 2 times without getting a reply.

To me, all of this sounds weird and the only explanation I can think of is that my subscription is inactive in any way.

Have any of you guys been through this?

Are you currently paying for MLB.tv?

Yeah I bought the Supreme package (700k) but this makes me think twice if I really did buy it :chin:

Since I've watched without problem for a whole month, I must have paid for it...

a bit off topic maybe, but how do you like mlb.tv so far Totte, and do you have any blackout restrictions (I'm thinking about buying it next season, but I don't want to have my Indians blacked out)

I absolutely love MLB.tv!!! I got at least one game on every night if there are any day/afternoon games scheduled.

No blackouts whatsoever, only rainouts :wink:

It's without doubt worth the money!

Maybe you accidentally bought (or they accidentally charged you for) only one month of service? You could check your credit card records and see how many times or for how much you were billed for the service. If that doesn't turn up any issues, I'd say the only solution is to keep pestering them with emails and such, as this really shouldn't be a problem. I know I would do that if they took my mlb.tv away!

E-mail again, and threaten to contact your credit card company to file a grievance on the transaction that was made on the subscription. If that doesn't generate a reply, just do it. :)

No I just got an e-mail back with this text:

Dear Valued Subscriber:

Thank you for contacting MLBTV.com customer service. This e-mail serves as a confirmation that your MLB.TV subscription has been cancelled for the automatic renewal and you will receive no subsequent monthly billings.

If you have any other problems please feel free to call our toll-free Customer Support department at 1-866-259-8973 for information or assistance.

I must be stupid or it's the language barrier cuz I don't know what they're saying. Did I just have a monthly subscription and now they've cancelled it or what?

That's what it sounds like, so now you aren't getting charged for it so order it again.

Guess I'm gonna have to do that. Thanks for helping out, I felt "Lost in Translation" there for a while :wink:

Now I just got a reply from one of the other e-mails I've sent:

Thank you for contacting us to determine why you have been unable to access games on your MLB.TV account. We appreciate the time that you took to write, and welcome the opportunity to rectify the situation.

We apologize for all of the confusion, but our database shows that the credit card that you used to purchase the yearly account had expired and we were unable to charge you. Therefore, you only had the monthly account, which is listed in our database as having expired on May 7th. Please let us know if you have been charged for a yearly MLB.TV Premium subscription, and we will promptly investigate the situation further.

If you have not been charged, you may repurchase the product with another card on our website at http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/subscriptions/premium.jsp?c_id=mlb.

You may also call our Customer Support department at 1-866-800-1275 if you have any additional questions about your account.

Thank you for taking the time to write!

Regards,

MLB.com Support

I checked all of my financial recors and all that I could find was buying the MLB Offseason package with Spring Training games.

I think that's weird though cuz how would I have been able to watch the first month of MLB action then?

Basically, even though you bought it for a "year", they still charge you a month-by-month basis. Since you're credit card expired, you can't continue to get the services, so you have to re-sign up.

Most likely, the April-monthly charge will be on your next statement since it's not there already.

Archived