Total Classics 1978 has been released!

Jim825

When im extracting it to the MVP Folder, WinRAR tells me that the file is corrupted

First of all, how big is the total_classics_1978.rar file? It should have a file size of 406,068,173 bytes. Have you verified that the .rar file has downloaded successfully?

Second of all, you should not be extracting it to your MVP Folder. You should be extracting all the files some place else. It's only when you run the installer itself that you should point to your MVP folder (so that it will copy the 1978 mod files to the proper locations).

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jim,

I have really screwed up the datafile to the point I can't pitch. Can I just reinstall the 78 mod and just start over. Will I lose my dynasty? Heck not that I want to keep it, I'm 0-5 (yikes). What I'd like to do is use MaddieDaddy's 3.1.

I didn't include a datafile with the '78 mod, so you shouldn't need to reinstall the mod. I'm not too sure what dynasty mode does with datafile settings (i.e. whether it stores them in the dynasty files or not).

If you don't care too much about your dynasty, since you've only played 5 games, you could simply delete it, install MD's datafile and then restart the dynasty.

Jim,

I have really screwed up the datafile to the point I can't pitch. Can I just reinstall the 78 mod and just start over. Will I lose my dynasty? Heck not that I want to keep it, I'm 0-5 (yikes). What I'd like to do is use MaddieDaddy's 3.1.

Any datafile.txt will work by putting it into the data folder. It doesn't permanently alter the dynasty in any way.

hey i have a questin, in this 1978 mod, are the stadiums like they were in 78?

I did the best I could with what was available (using those that were in the game or ones created by others) Sean O and Pirate really stepped up in the months leading up to the 1978 mod release when they produced many 70's era stadiums. Here's a list of the stadiums included with the mod:

Arlington Stadium (Texas Rangers)

Astrodome (Houston Astros)

Atlanta Fulton County Stadium (Atlanta Braves)

Baltimore Memorial Stadium (Baltimore Orioles)

Cleveland Stadium (Cleveland Indians)

Comiskey Park - 1994 version (Chicago White Sox)

Exhibition Stadium (Toronto Blue Jays)

Fenway Park - 1967 version (Boston Red Sox)

Kingdome (Seattle Mariners)

Metropolitan Stadium (Minnesota Twins)

Milwaukee County Stadium (Milwaukee Brewers)

Oakland Alameda Coliseum (Oakland A's)

Olympic Stadium (Montreal Expos)

San Diego Stadium (San Diego Padres)

Three Rivers Stadium (Pittsburgh Pirates)

Tiger Stadium - 1960's version (Detroit Tigers)

Riverfront Stadium (Cincinnati Reds)

Veterans Stadium (Philadelphia Phillies)

Wrigley Field - 1950's version (Chicago Cubs)

The following classic stadiums were also included (overwriting minor league stadiums):

Ebbets Field

Classic Yankee Stadium

Classic Busch Stadium

Kansas City Municipal Stadium

So tell me, is it possible to keep the 07 Mod and DL the 78 Classics? If so, I'm all over it, as I wanna live a piece of history (I was born in 89)....But If I can't keep both, then I don't wanna lose my current mod...

So tell me, is it possible to keep the 07 Mod and DL the 78 Classics? If so, I'm all over it, as I wanna live a piece of history (I was born in 89)....But If I can't keep both, then I don't wanna lose my current mod...

Yes, you just need multiple installs of the game. Make a copy of your MVP Baseball 2005 folder, rename it to something like Total Classics 1978 and install the 1978 mod to that location. For more information, search the forums for "multiple installs".

First of all, how big is the total_classics_1978.rar file? It should have a file size of 406,068,173 bytes. Have you verified that the .rar file has downloaded successfully?

Second of all, you should not be extracting it to your MVP Folder. You should be extracting all the files some place else. It's only when you run the installer itself that you should point to your MVP folder (so that it will copy the 1978 mod files to the proper locations).

Hi, I'm having the same problem as the person downloading the 1978 total classics file. I get the same message that says the file is corrupted. The file that is listed is 387 MB, not 406 MB. Is there a way that the file can be fixed? It looks really awesome, but I wish I could download it first. Thanks in advance.

Hi, I'm having the same problem as the person downloading the 1978 total classics file. I get the same message that says the file is corrupted. The file that is listed is 387 MB, not 406 MB. Is there a way that the file can be fixed? It looks really awesome, but I wish I could download it first. Thanks in advance.

Try using a download manager, like Flashget.

I have a huge problem. If i start a dynasty with the mets, and will start the first game against the expos the game crashes in the middle of the loadingscreen. I do a lot of test to find out what should be the reason.

- its not the jerseys, i start with 2005 and the 1978 and the game will start

after many more tests ill find out, that after i klick on the CPU optimize roster and start the game ... its crash. So, what is the problem? Cyberfaces? Not many players, wrong Lineup ... dont know.

if the CPU optimize the roster, its really good ... its the best lineup and i wanna play with them, so what can i do?

And whats happen if i play with an other team and later against the mets and they have maybe the same wrong lineup ... can the game crash too?

But btw. i´ve made a one game now in exhibition mode with mets against the yankees ... 1-0 :D .. its really nice and i wanna play it so much in dynasty.

after many more tests ill find out, that after i klick on the CPU optimize roster and start the game ... its crash. So, what is the problem? Cyberfaces? Not many players, wrong Lineup ... dont know.

This is most likely your problem. By letting the CPU optimize the rosters, you're changing them to put minor league players on the team. I tried this with the Mets and verified that this happens.

When I developed this mod, I ONLY created Major League rosters. I didn't do anything with the minor league rosters, nor did I do any testing with the minor league players. It's possible that using minor league players could cause problems, but the intent of the mod was just to use the Major League rosters as they were setup.

if the CPU optimize the roster, its really good ... its the best lineup and i wanna play with them, so what can i do?

That's not true. The best lineups are the ones that are in the rosters that come with the mod. I did plenty of research and got assistance from others to make sure that they were an accurate representation of 1978.

Why do you need to optimize the rosters? When you have the CPU optimize the rosters for you, you are putting 2005 minor leaguers on your Major League roster. How can you recreate the 1978 season by having players from 2005 on your team?

If you want to do this, it's fine, however, as I said, that was not the intent of this mod. The intent was to recreate the 1978 season and the mod does this using the Major League rosters provided.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a heads up:

The Cleveland Indians 1978 Home uniforms crash the game, at least here.

The alternate Home uniforms are OK.

Please provide a little more info:

1. What teams were playing?

2. Where were you playing (in Cleveland I'm guessing)?

3. Who was pitching?

4. When did the crash occur?

5. What type of game were you playing -- Exibition or Dynasty?

Yankees vs. Cleveland

In Cleveland

I don't remember who was pitching when I finally got it to run with the alternate home uniforms. It's definitely a uniform problem on my end.

The crash occurred 3 times while loading the game after choosing the 1978 Home uniforms. After choosing the alternate 1978 uniforms it ran without a problem.

Dynasty game

Archived