Does Variable Stuff OFF have any effect?

Cavicchi

if you're using anyother datafile except the standard mvp2005 datafile, i'd turn variable stuff off. variable stuff seems to alter custom datafiles game play in odd ways.

if you're using anyother datafile except the standard mvp2005 datafile, i'd turn variable stuff off. variable stuff seems to alter custom datafiles game play in odd ways.

What do you mean by "odd ways"? And do most people turn that off when using a custom datafile?

I have variable stuff turned ON while using my custom datafile and I don't think I have experienced any odd things happening - at least not anything major. Though I would think that it would affect certain datafiles considering how extensively they have been modified.

Maestro every single time anyone has a question your alwayswilling to answer your one of the most generous people on here dude good stuff

Thanks man. I just try to lead the horses to the water sometimes. :smile:

Is there a custom datafile included in the 07 mod?

The 07 Mod datafile is inside the datafile.big

You would have to uncompress the datafile.big to get to it.

I am using MVP 07 with KSM's Datafile.txt. mod and Variable Speed is OFF but my Pitchers still have their speeds vary in games. Does that make sense?

yes it does, sometimes my pitchers vary by 1-3 mph in pitch speed.

oh i play with kumala datafile final, it's was suggested to turn off variable stuff using that datafile. i found players sometimes make really stupid decisions in fielding or baserunning with variable stuff turned on using that datafile. (of course it could be just me :alright: lol)

yes it does, sometimes my pitchers vary by 1-3 mph in pitch speed.

But I have Variable Stuff set to OFF in Game Options! If it is set to OFF, then why should my pitch speed change like when it's set to ON???

its variable stuff, which i thought encompassed like a pitchers performance in general...sometimes you get shelled, sometimes your pitchers are ON...you also get typical games too. the pitch speed varies anyway

The explanation given in the link above by MarkB is "It means your pitchers can have good days and bad days. If a guy regularly throws 90mph, he'll maybe hit 92mph or 93mph with better control on a good day, or dip to 87mph or 88mph with bad control on a bad day."

That was his explanation, but I see no difference with Variable Stuff ON or OFF. It seems to me you can't really turn it off.

Archived