Most Difficult Pitcher/Hitter to Face

Pirate

Now that I have actually begun to play this game instead of modding it, I have come to really enjoy the gameplay. I have played further into a dynasty than ever before and with it comes some exciting tidbits.

For example i had never played in Yankee Stadium until yesterday. Tonight will be my first trip to Baltimore. So I have gotten to see some work by fellow modders, but i have also now faced a lot of players and by far Chien-Ming Wang has been the most difficult pitcher to hit for me.

I haven't faced a hitter that really kills me yet, but the Dbacks schedule has kept me from playing too many teams repeatedly.

So I ask who gets your goat. You gets you out and who hits you like crazy?

Me Chien-Ming Wang

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sobehound and I have a lot in common, I think.

Rockies reliever Kim has given me trouble. I have issues with breaking balls in general, but went thrown underhand at me, I find them near on impossible to hit.

sidearm deffinatly gets me.

the worst is adjusting to people that throw slow fastballs. than once you adjust to them, a 97+ MPH reliever is brought in and you throws you completely off balance.

More about mine...

Jose Reyes' speed always kills me. He either beats out grounders for hits, or bloops one in that sometimes ends up being a double, and he always steals against me. Not to mention the fact that he occasionally takes me deep too!

Orlando Hernandez's motion drives me crazy. He hides the ball so well, and when his fastball comes at me, I always swing early. I'm expecting upper 80s - lower 90s speed and it thwacks in there at 84-85 mph! Plus he also throws that slow curve too!

Walter Johnson on the Legends team is damn near impossible. You can time yourself for the fastball just fine, but then he whips in the slurve 30 mph slower and I'm out in front by 5 feet.

Otherwise, I'm in year 11 of my '94 dynasty, and all these pitchers throw 92-100 with movement. Every once in a while they chuck in a changeup I can hammer, but otherwise i'm just hacking.

Wang, and any guy with multiple breaking balls. That guy, for me, is Jeff Fricken Weaver. I can not hit the guy at all.

As for hitters, I can't really think of any one guy that burns me. Jeter fouls off a ton of pitches and has good contact, so he kills me a lot, but other than him no one in particular.

Any Knuckleball gives me absolute fits. Tim Wakefield is bad, but even a minor leaguer like Haeger from the White Soxs messes me up pretty good. I cant think of a hitter.

how about guys you traded and get revenge? I traded Kuo, he sucked, not I can't even get a foul tip against him. I traded Fucal and juan pierre because their slumps lasted too long, and they go 5 for 5 and hit 3 triples in the gap.........unstoppable. So I traded back for them for the same player and they went back into their slumps, so I traded them to another teams, but it was no use.

Hitters: Todd Helton, and Roger Hornsby (Playing with Classic Rosters).

Pitchers; Walter Johnson, Bob Gibson and Jamie Moyer or Tom Glavine

Helton is the bane of my existence in one of my franchises he hits all my pitchers I can throw fastball a foot outside he will still smack the crap out of it. In my other franchise using classic rosters is Rogers Hornsby who cant be jammed and gives me a stroke everytime up the first time I faced him he a long long drive to centerfield luckly I robbed him of a 3-run tater

Not so much a certain player, but I find certain types annoying. For me, I hate sinkerballers, 'cause you cant to much with splitters and sinkers in my opinion. I find slow pitchers easy to hit since the gap in speeds isn't so severe.

If there's a hitter I loathe, it's usually the first batter a new RP faces. For me, they always get some crappy dribbler up the middle, or somebody in the outfield runs all the way in to one-hop a pop-up.

Archived