Most Difficult Pitcher/Hitter to Face

Pirate

pitcher is by far Kazmir for me. played him 5 times about total

3 CG SOs 1 8 inning SO and a 7 inning 1 run 3 hit outing

The key to hitting Wakefield ive found is wait VERY late, ALAWAYS assume its a knuckleball, so you read it perfectly and just hope you can get enough oin it to keep it fair the other way. Next anyone with more than 60 speed with a 2 step lead can steal so get them in scoring postion. (my steal slider is at 0) then hope and pray you get another hit

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i played i guy in the White Sox,i cant remember his name,but he throws side arm and has a 56 mph Change up,a 88 mph fastball and a 70 somthing curve and a spilter.and the hitter is I'd say Johnny Damon,and Frank Thomas:no clue why,but they seem to always crush my ace and my # 2 starter

On 2005,(just the regular one for the PS2), I can never hit the guys with the really slow windups. And one guy,(can't remember his name)I think he's on the Rangers like shakes his leg during his windup and that messes up my timing. As for hitters, I can never get pitchers out, yes, that's right, PITCHERS. They always hit weak dribblers up the middle that get through. But once they get on base, I almost always can get a double play or at least get the pitcher out at second.

Pitcher: Cla Merideth....yeah, submariners kill me...

Hitter: Big Hulks like: Frank Thomas, Big Papi, Adam Dunn

My brother seems to hit submariners and sidearmers well....He times his delivery perfectly, and closes his eyes until the exact point where the ball is released, he knows the pitches will be relatively flat, and flutter slightly up or down.....he tattoos everything on Hall of Fame on MLB 07 The Show & MVP 07....hes a baseball gamer in general...

He just can't stop me when I pitch....

On the other end of the spectrum...I am unstoppable with Bobby Jenks, and you can't get me out if I'm Jose Reyes or another speedy slap, semi-power type (another is Ichiro)...

Mark Redman always dominated me, many a time I would only get a hit or two against him and strike out 12 - 18 times, haven't faced him in MVP in a while though. :) Tim Wakefield sometimes shuts me down but there are times when I just flat out crush him. Chad Bradford and Mike Myers also get me out easily, not really because of the motion but because they throw so slow. Francisco Rodriguez also gives me fits.

Overall:

Hardest Pitcher: Mark Redman (Can't pick up the ball)

Easiest Pitcher (relatively): Roger Clemens (Never lost or didn't smash him, I easily see the splitter.)

HM: Mariano Rivera, just has fastballs. (The only pitch I can really hit.) Beat me a ton of times but I had plenty of comebacks against hit.

Hardest Hitter: Barry Bonds

Easiest Hitter (relatively): David Ortiz. I never get him out using a Yankee pitcher in exhibition mode (how appropriate) but in dynasty mode I just own him. Can't say the same about Manny though.

Well i have a fantasty draft dynasty going and a team in my division has Ichiro leading off and the Jose Reyes batting second and they absolutly own me each time i play them. The pitcher i do bad against is Carlos Zambrano and Ted Lilly

I just hate that changeup/sider/fastball combo Johan Santana has, i might as well just close my eyes and randomly press buttons on the controler for all the good i do. Sidearm throwers and knuckle ballers always give me problems for 4 to 5 inning untill i get their timing down.

As for batters, noone stands out. Good power batters are dangerous if i don't pay attention to what i'm doing.

Pitchers:I've never been able to get my timing down with the knuckleball, so Wakefield kills me. I never have had a problem with sidearm/submarine.

Hitters: Ryan Theriot, recently in a dynasty this guy went 9-12 against me in a series against the Braves. Plus anyone who comes up against me with 2 outs in the 9th and I have a no-hitter going. I have lost 5 or 6 no hitters like that.

Ah yes, I forgot about Ryan Theriot, he has an annoying habit of getting that bloop single or that ground ball double to the wall that keeps the cpu's rally going. He must be batting close to .700 against me LOL :hammer:

how about guys you traded and get revenge? I traded Kuo, he sucked, not I can't even get a foul tip against him. I traded Fucal and juan pierre because their slumps lasted too long, and they go 5 for 5 and hit 3 triples in the gap.........unstoppable. So I traded back for them for the same player and they went back into their slumps, so I traded them to another teams, but it was no use.

who did you trade for??? I can't get ANY team to take on Lowe's or Pierre's contract

I posted previously without listing a hitter, but I just got done playing a game that reminded me of a player who crushes me. As a Twins fan I don't see him often, but Chipper Jones always beats up on me.

• 5 weeks later...

I noticed the weaker hitters/pitchers always seem to get me for some reason. And ya like everyone said..wakefield, but I'm starting to learn his pitching..just gotta take your time, but once he throws a fastball, then your screwed lol. Gotta be in between.

I can't put up the hitter/pitchers as i haven't played the game in a while, been busy with my roster and Forza Motorsport 2 for xbox 360 (just got it just over a week ago)

Archived