Reliving My Youth

Pirate

So I am a 28-year-old profession white collar fellow, who loves computer games, sports action figures, the outdoors and hiking. I get up at 5 a.m. to go running everyday and tonight I have decided to stay up till midnight in order to relive my youth.

At midnight Zeitgiest by Smashing Pumpkins drops. There were very few bands as influential as the Pumpkins while I was growing up.

Nirvana, Pearl Jam, R.E.M., Radiohead, U2, Violent Femmes and Pumpkins were always spinning in my CD player. They shaped high school for me. It's been several years since I went out at Midnight to pick up an album... Radiohead's Amnesiac was the last one. So tonight I make a pot of coffee, I watch Man vs. Wild and play video games until 11:45 hits and then I go get Zeitgiest.

Wish me well. I will have a review tomorro after I awake from my coma. I ight pass out before Midnight drops. We'll see.

So I am a 28-year-old profession white collar fellow, who loves computer games, sports action figures, the outdoors and hiking. I get up at 5 a.m. to go running everyday and tonight I have decided to stay up till midnight in order to relive my youth.

At midnight Zeitgiest by Smashing Pumpkins drops. There were very few bands as influential as the Pumpkins while I was growing up.

Nirvana, Pearl Jam, R.E.M., Radiohead, U2, Violent Femmes and Pumpkins were always spinning in my CD player. They shaped high school for me. It's been several years since I went out at Midnight to pick up an album... Radiohead's Amnesiac was the last one. So tonight I make a pot of coffee, I watch Man vs. Wild and play video games until 11:45 hits and then I go get Zeitgiest.

Wish me well. I will have a review tomorro after I awake from my coma. I ight pass out before Midnight drops. We'll see.

A lot alike.. you and I.

Question: How in the hell do you motivate yourself to run everyday at 5AM? Only way I could do it was when I was training for something. Now that my non-casual sporting days are all but over, I am having some real trouble convincing myself to put in road work.

I survived.

I wasn't alone, but I felt like i was on an island in the store. Those kids were tn years younger than me and awake. I plan to blog about that later.

I also woke up for my run a mere 4.5 hours after falling asleep. I have to run, I don't know what it is.

I have gotten through half of the CD and it's pretty good so far. The last three songs I have listened to are by far the best of the album, so with five remaining my hopes are up... we'll see.

I just need to find a place to nap at work...

i love man vs wild

Much of that show is staged and faked, but I like seeing the country side where he is at. He does things yu would only do in drastic situations, but it's entertaining.

I have to go to Iceland now that it was featured on that show. Icelanders still believe in trolls.

No store around here was open at midnight so I could get Interpol's new album, tragically. Interpol is such a giant part of my late-college experience, right when I was essentially starting a new life, that I feel a deep connection to their music every time I hear it.

Hope you enjoy the Pumpkins' new album.

No store around here was open at midnight so I could get Interpol's new album, tragically. Interpol is such a giant part of my late-college experience, right when I was essentially starting a new life, that I feel a deep connection to their music every time I hear it.

Hope you enjoy the Pumpkins' new album.

Maybe that is why all the young kids were there. I have never given them a goood listen, but they have earned it. Maybe I will pick it up.

noo dont tell me its staged and faked :[[ ITS REAL..

It has to be fake, he's never in real danger, he may eat a fish like a bear, but thats just for the camera.

My wife dragged me to see the Smashing Pumpkins, whom I have always hated, during their nine-day residency in Asheville. Corgan looks old, like he's going through the motions without enjoying it. But everyone I went with was caught in a wave of nostalgia and had a ton of fun, especially when they closed out the show with Cherub Rock.

Archived