Most annoying bug of all time.

AstroEric

Woody Williams was pitching my dynasty's last game before the All-Star break against the New York Mets, currently leading the NL East. And despite not doing too well so far this season, Woody is shutting them down through seven innings.

Julio Franco hits a chopper up the first base line. Berkman fields, steps on the bag. No out is called. I run him back over the bag. No out still. I do it a third time. No out. He finally tags Franco. Replays show his foot touched the bag all three times.

The next batter hits one to the shortstop. Throws to first. Despite Berkman's foot being on the bag, and the runner not being at the base yet, no out is called. Something similar happens on the next play.

I was so pissed I quit the game. :headache:

Anybody ever have this happen before?

--Eric

I've pitched multiple 1 hitters. 1 no hitter. In the single no hitter I struck out the side in the 7th. In nearly every 1 hitter, something strange happened in the 7th like the first baseman running to the base on a ball right at him, or, as mentioned here, the force at first simply not working.

Buggy workaround for too many no hitters registered in play testing?

I've had the problem myself. But not until I installed the 07 mod. That I changed datafiles, and I havent seen it since. Its too bad too, I liked the 07 data file. This might not be the problem I don't know, just my personal experience.

This was happening to me as well... now everytime I go over a base with a player I hit the right analog stick and it hasnt done it since and I have been doing it this way for awhile now for pc and ps2. Hope it helps.

I've had this happen, but while the computer was pitching/fielding. It wasn't a no hitter or anything like that, just all of a sudden every time the CPU would make the throw to 1st on an easy ground out, no out would be recorded, and the pbp would make the "his foot came off the bag" comment.

Happened for one inning, then that was it.

I use auto fielding and the absolute worst bug I've seen is ground ball to first baseman who stands there looking out at the crowd while the pitcher is waiting for his throw and the runner is safe--and it's called a hit! I have never seen that happen to a CPU first baseman, and it's happened to me more than once.

Archived