A Houston Astros CAP Dynasty

D-Unit

Thanks a lot for the .mep KG, saved me some time there lol. But being 14 points short, why not add it to his speed and make it 78?

That's also available for whoever wants to send an .mep file :D

Because I'm slow. :)

Plus, when I added my guy to my current roster, I was the 3rd best RF in the game already. Adding to speed might even make me 2nd. You're already going to have a team full of all stars.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because I'm slow. :)

Plus, when I added my guy to my current roster, I was the 3rd best RF in the game already. Adding to speed might even make me 2nd. You're already going to have a team full of all stars.

KG, it's classy players like you that I want my kids to be like when they create their own players in MVP 2025. :D

Last Name: Zinfinotti

First Name: Hex

1st position:RF

2nd position:3B

Bats:L

Throws:L

Num:44

Birthday: 7/21/1982

Height: 70

Weight: 176

Bone Profile:Athletic

Body Type: Weight Lifter

Skin Tone: 2

Hair Style: 5 Sideburns

Hair Color: Red

Facial Hair: Goatee

Batting Stance: Jackson, Reggie

Ditty:Rock

Bat Color: Black/light

Glove Color: light

Catcher's Mask:Normal

Batting Glove:Yes

Wristband: Small Both

Elbow Guard:None

Shin Guard: None

Socks:Low

Attributes:

RH Contact:53

LH Contact:93

RH Power:72

LH Power:98

Bunting: 0

Plate Discipline:50 (can't do 45)

Durability: 50

Speed: 64

Steal Tendency: 0

Baserunning Ability:65

Fielding: 60

Range: 65

Throwing Strength:75

Throwing Accuracy:60

what are you doing for pitch preferences?

are we doing our own hot zones?

if so...

vs R

H n H

C H n

C C C

vs L

C H H

n H H

C C n

I'm in on this one!

Last Name: Oletessin

First Name: Rick

1st position: MRP

2nd position: n/a

Bats: S

Throws: L

Num:10

Birthday: 2/29/1984

Height: 75 inches

Weight: 189

Bone Profile: N/a

Body Type: Skinny

Skin Tone: Jeter-like

Hair Style: Normal

Hair Color: Brown

Facial Hair: None

Batting Stance: Morgan

Swing Type: 2 hands

Ditty:Latin

Face: Spiezo (if he's got a red chin, if not, Jeter)

Star Potential: 5- could I be the next Trevor Hoffman, Lee Smith, Mariano Rivera, John Franco, or even Dennis Eckerley?

Thank goodness I'm going to be pitching in a pitcher's park like Minute Maid, though I'm a little scared of those Crawford boxes...

Bat Color: Black

Glove Color: Black

Catcher's Mask:Normal (non-hockey)

Batting Glove:Yes

Wristband: Small Both

Elbow Guard:None

Shin Guard: none

Socks:High

Attributes:

RH Contact: 24

LH Contact: 13

RH Power: 18

LH Power: 19

Bunting: 20

Plate Discipline: 0

Durability: 60

Speed: 65

Baserunning Ability: 0

Fielding: 40

Range: 0

Throwing Strength: 40

Throwing Accuracy: 10

Hot/cold zones (for both lefties and righties) N= Neutral H= Hot C= Cold

N N C

N H C

H H C

Pitching:

Pickoff: 20

4 seamer:

Movement: None

Velocity: 1-oh-1

Control: 79

Circle Changeup:

Movement: 65

Trajectory: 11-to-5

Control: 81

Velocity: 56

Screwball:

Movement: 60

Trajectory: 10 to 4

Control: 75

Velocity: 77

Pitcher type (power, finesse, etc.): Finesse

[My] total: 632 (if it's higher than 800 by D-Unit's account, please remove the 5th star.)

Mind you, while I don't post a lot here, including this dynasty, up ahead, I do not want you thinking I am the sulking clubhouse member.

Iwould like a cyberface of Speizio if he has the red chin in your version, or, if you don't have the red chin, use Jeter's cyberface. Thanks much!

P.S.: Please use me as much as Joe Torre uses Scott Proctor! *laughs*

Also, can we have a clause in my contract that allows me to get unlimited ballpark food for free, like Houston's yummy loaded baked potatoes?

I have 689 points that you've distributed, YankeesForever. Maybe add a new pitch or something, I don't add pickoff or star potential.

689, eh?... 111 points to go.

A [bob Stanley-esque] sinker (for those jams, and so you'll overuse me to get out of them!):

Movement: 99

Trajectory: 12 to 6

Control: 99

Velocity: 96

Now since that's a value of 99, 12 points left.

Increase Fielding Range from zero to 10, and add 2 points to my contact against lefties to from 13 to 15, please. Thank you!

I'll take the last spot in the rotation... I haven't been in a CAP Dynasty yet... he's a Japanese import, by the way.

Last Name: Suzuki

First Name: Godzilla

1st position: SP

2nd position: RP (LRP)

Bats: R

Throws: R

Num: 17 (if 17 is taken make it 20, 2, or 1 based on availability)

Birthday: August 6 1984

Height: 5' 9"

Weight: 185

Bone Profile: Athletic

Body Type: Athletic

Skin Tone: the asian look

Hair Style: the shortest one... so i guess 1

Hair Color: black

Facial Hair: goatee

Batting Stance: Delgado

Swing Type: 2 hands

Ditty: rock

Bat Color: red

Glove Color: red

Catcher's Mask: 1

Batting Glove: yes

Wristband: no

Elbow Guard: no

Shin Guard: no

Socks: high

Attributes:

RH Contact: 15

LH Contact: 20

RH Power: 5

LH Power: 5

Pitches & Ratings: (for pitchers)

Stamina 65

Delivery: J. Seo

Bunting: 30

Plate Discipline: 0

Durability: 60

Speed: 25

Baserunning Ability: 0

Fielding: 50

Range: 20

Throwing Strength: 40

Throwing Accuracy: 40

pickoff: 30

fastball

control: 75

velocity: 93

slider

movement: 60

control: 70

velocity: 76

circle-change

movement: 50

control: 70

velocity: 72

Points Distributed: 700

i now know that you don't count pickoff, but what about stamina? it should be 700 points now.

Last Name: Krynzel

First Name: David

1st position: SS

2nd position: IF

Bats: R

Throws: R

Num: 5

Birthday: 1/26/83

Height: 6'2"

Weight: 220

Bone Profile: Average

Body Type: Athletic

Skin Tone: 3

Hair Style: Short

Hair Color: Brown

Facial Hair: None

Batting Stance: Larry Walker

Swing Type: 3 Two Hands

Ditty: Rock

Bat Color: Black

Glove Color: Brown

Catcher's Mask: Hockey

Batting Glove: Yes

Wristband: Large Both Hands

Elbow Guard: No

Shin Guard: Yes

Socks: High

Attributes:

RH Contact: 80

LH Contact: 85

RH Power: 72

LH Power: 77

Bunting: 0

Plate Discipline: 65

Durability: 75

Speed: 75

Baserunning Ability: 55

Fielding: 80

Range: 75

Throwing Strength: 90

Throwing Accuracy: 80

VMartinez41, sorry, but the infield is already full, including the bench. And you're still 109 points over the limit for a backup.

You could either switch to a middle reliever or long relief pitcher, or drop 59 points and you could be an emergency infielder.

Many say my birthday gives me my mystique and natural ability! spicy_banana, I tried Rick in the game. The 'age' listed? 23!

Scott Boras, my agent, is intrested in what he can offer me; when the time is right. By the way, you will have to negoiate a deal with Scott and myself before I play a game. :contract: (Just kidding!)

Would you mind, D-Unit, if you swapped my delivery for Style 10(sidearm)? Thanks in advance.

*Hope to be pitching in your games, spicy_banana. Starts warming up in bullpen.*

We need more people!

Many say my birthday gives me my mystique and natural ability! spicy_banana, I tried Rick in the game. The 'age' listed? 23!

Scott Boras, my agent, is intrested in what he can offer me; when the time is right. By the way, you will have to negoiate a deal with Scott and myself before I play a game. :contract: (Just kidding!)

Would you mind, D-Unit, if you swapped my delivery for Style 10(sidearm)? Thanks in advance.

*Hope to be pitching in your games, spicy_banana. Starts warming up in bullpen.*

We need more people!

Mystique and natural ability.... lucky

Your guy better not blow any of my leads b/c I have the feeling I won't have many. ;)

I mean my character, spicy_banana, those descriptors are meant to scare our opponents (don't tell them; *laughs*). To quoth [boston ace Curt] Schilling, on the 2001 World Series: "Mystique and aura are things we associate things we associate with a night club, not things we see in a balkpark." (Or something similar to that.)

Anyway, I hope you don't mind a suggestion, D-Unit.

Have us tell our 'story' (made-up, and of course this would be optional optional) about how we learned our power stroke, learned how to throw our fastballs, what our first ballpark was, when we knew we'd make it to the bigs, where 'reside' in the off-season, draft round (also from high school, college, or non drafted free agent (an example: Posada), how much we signed for, and our signing bonus), etc.

Thanks again, D-Unit!

Thats' not a bad idea. In fact, how about I conduct a 10-15 question interview with each player. I will post the questions and when you guys PM me the answers, I'll post them as part of the Dynasty once I get it going. Does that sound good?

Sure. That sounds awesome! Thanks for implementing one of my ideas.

This will be one heck of a dynasty!

Bob Sheppard: *Now downloading, #5691, D-Unit's Astro CAP dynasty, D-Unit's Astro CAP dynasty, #5691.*

Thats' not a bad idea. In fact, how about I conduct a 10-15 question interview with each player. I will post the questions and when you guys PM me the answers, I'll post them as part of the Dynasty once I get it going. Does that sound good?

Sounds good to me! I'll see what I can come up with.

Ok guys, after three weeks of delay, I will be going to Las Vegas for the next two weeks. The dynasty will be suspended until then, but when I get back, I shall try to put everything together as fast as possible. But while I am gone, I suggest you follow up on the other great CAP Dynasties going around, as well as the rest of the dynasties.

See you guys later!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, sorry for being away longer. Turns out that I stayed another week since our drive to Vegas was a lot longer and therefore, I decided to stay a little longer, I got home yesterday morning.

I'm not sure about when this dynasty will start up, aside from some things going down that I have to deal with concerning my girlfriend, the frenzy of buying my first car and getting my license, and to top the icing on my cake, while I was gone my dad deleted my music, firefox (he isn't a big fan of different web browsers), and some of the big files I downloaded from the site to save room on the computer. Altogether, the 07 mod, MVPEdit, and a lot of cyberfaces are now gone.

If someone would like to take over the dynasty, it is up for grabs for whoever feels like they can handle it can do it, because this is a great idea for a dynasty but things have definetely steered off course and I would hate to see another idea of mine be left unfinished, at least someone salvaging it could help.

Sorry for the inconvenience guys.

Archived