Spring Training in Arizona

Totte

So it turns out I'll probably be going to LA, SD Vegas and GC in late february/early march next year. While being there, I figured, why not drive to AZ and go to some ST-game :)

So the question is...in what cities are the games played? When's the ST schedule released?

If you stay in a centralized area of the valley like Tempe(where Arizona State Univ. is), then you are next door to the Angels at Tempe-Diablo Stadium. The A's are in East Phoenix, the Cubs in Mesa(SE Phx), Giants in Scottsdale(NE Phx). About a half hour away from Tempe is NW Phoenix and the city of Surprise where the Rangers/Royals share a nice ballpark. In Peoria(NW Phx), you have the Mariners/Padres and the Brewers in SW Phoenix.

In Tucson, about an hour and a half from Tempe to the Southeast along the I-10, you have the D-Backs and the White Sox.

In 2009, I believe the Dodgers will be moving from Florida to Glendale(West Phx) along with the White Sox, if the Sox can get out of their Tucson lease before then. If not, the Sox are locked in until 2012, I think. This will be a new facility, close to the new Cardinals football stadium.

I havent been to the Tucson park, but all the others I have. All the parks are great and all the Phoenix parks are within an hour from each other.

Most tickets go on sale the first part of January and you can get the best seats between $15-25. Start paying attention to the individual team websites in November as a few teams might go on sale before January, like the Cubs.

The toughest tickets to get are the Cubs and Giants, especially if you want great seats close in the infield area. This is due to a large amount of season ticket holders already getting dibs on them.

Thanks Sidewinder :wtg:

Considering I'll probably go to AZ for just 2-3 nights leaving from Vegas, the NW area of AZ would be the best fit for me :)

Thanks Sidewinder :wtg:

Considering I'll probably go to AZ for just 2-3 nights leaving from Vegas, the NW area of AZ would be the best fit for me :)

Sounds like you might need a geography lesson. Phoenix is a large metropolitan city in the central southern part of the state of Arizona. All the teams I mentioned other than the two in Tucson, are in suburbs of the greater Phoenix area.

Bottom line is, drive time from Vegas to Phoenix is around 6 hours. But once you get to Phx, try to find a hotel around the Tempe area, that way you will be very centralized in the Phoenix area, putting you within 5 to 30 minutes from all the teams in the greater Phoenix area.

Sounds like you might need a geography lesson. Phoenix is a large metropolitan city in the central southern part of the state of Arizona. All the teams I mentioned other than the two in Tucson, are in suburbs of the greater Phoenix area.

Someone told me that a couple of teams are playing in the NW region of AZ (don't remember the city name).

Bottom line is, drive time from Vegas to Phoenix is around 6 hours. But once you get to Phx, try to find a hotel around the Tempe area, that way you will be very centralized in the Phoenix area, putting you within 5 to 30 minutes from all the teams in the greater Phoenix area.

Any tips on how to tell my friends that we're going to a baseball game? :)

Tell them:

A) "Hey guys wanna go to spring training games on Phoenix? There are plenty of girls there enjoying the games"

B) "I always wanted to have a cactus"

C) "Its a once in a life time oportunity"

BTW not to hijack this thread but anyone knows if there will be some spring training games in Mexico (Hermosillo) like the past spring training?

Tell them:

A) "Hey guys wanna go to spring training games on Phoenix? There are plenty of girls there enjoying the games"

B) "I always wanted to have a cactus"

C) "Its a once in a life time oportunity"

BTW not to hijack this thread but anyone knows if there will be some spring training games in Mexico (Hermosillo) like the past spring training?

:lmao:

I think option "A" is the one that'll win them over but my personal favorite was "B" :D

I'm really hoping my suggestion for you via PM comes to fruition.

That would be so cool, and could be fun for this entire community.

Indeed.

I wrote a pm but haven't got a reply yet

Arizona State Univ. women should do the trick. They are in Tempe too.

Now were talking! That'll definitely win my friends over - I guarantee you!

Archived