Breaking News: Freeway bridge collapses into river.

DJEagles

I saw that too. Absolutely terrible. How does that happen? What kind of incompetent engineering was going on? How underfunded are the roads now? I'm stopping there, because it probably would spin off into something else.

looks horrific . Theres also a train that was crushed underneath it. Can you imagine just driving along and then dropping. Highway's pavement was being stripped and repaved and whats crazy is that some of the barrles didnt tip over when the road dropped.

Reminds me of the Mothman Propheices bridge

http://filebox.vt.edu/users/aschaeff/silver/silver.html

What made it worse is that it was during rush hour too.

This reminds me a little of when the highway collapsed in San Fran during the World Series.

They just said it was under construction and 3 killed. It looks really bad. I hope all ends up as best it can.

The San Francisco thing was an earthquake, this is just some random happening. I wouldn't doubt it if this was due to government underfunding/incompetence. Just ask the people in New Orleans.

At least 7 dead. :(

4 confirmed dead (they lowered the number from 7 to 4), but atleast 30 still missing. Over 70 injured with head and neck injuries (many serious)

They have people trapped (dead) in cars underneath the Mississippi River and bridge rumble. Divers are swimming down to take license plate numbers to identify the missing people, because the rest of the bridge/road is unstable (it's swaying) according to MSN.com.

Some construction workers (8, I think they said) were working on the bridge when the dropped. They said "they rode the bridge the whole down". One worker still missing.

Many people escaped the their cars and waters by swimming to shore, and also aided in the some rescues.

This is so sad, it reminds me of Mothman Prophecies movie with Richard Gere a few years back.

Archived