CPU created player is a real joke!

Cavicchi

I started the second season in my dynasty and did some checking around and found what looks to me like a ridiculous joke. The CPU created a player for the NYM with a speed rating of 44, Stealing Aggressiveness of 99, baserunning of 85, and this guy is rated 4 stars and a Top Prospect! His salary is $300,000 a year for 3 years and he was in AAA for the NYM.

What worries me is this one was found by accident, and I wonder how many other ridiculous players the CPU created.

Of course, one could say this is not the case of it being a joke, but this is a case of a young dope :roll:

Then you, my friend, need tywiggins' Attribute Updater. He has his own thread for it, but you should download the second version of it, not the one on the first page. It has an option in it to erase all the players in a dynasty that are made up by the game. It works great.

Then you, my friend, need tywiggins' Attribute Updater. He has his own thread for it, but you should download the second version of it, not the one on the first page. It has an option in it to erase all the players in a dynasty that are made up by the game. It works great.

Sounds good, but doesn't the CPU have to create players for the draft? I use MVP 07 that is supposed to have a progression mod by ronmexico.

I'm not positive, but I doubt players from the draft would be rated highly enough to be on the MLB teams right away. You just need to run that program once to get rid of all the highest rated CPU players.

I found the file but the readme does not give any instructions! Where can I find the information about using this tool? I tried a search for Attribute Updater but that didn't help.

He put Basic Instructions in the 1st post of the thread.

http://www.mvpmods.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=28835.html

I read that but it doesn't explain how to delete created players in my dynasty which is in the second season. That program seems to work for the .dat file in the beginning, but how can you delete CPU created players that are in the second season?

I figured it out and the program hides the Created Players, but I don't think this is going to work out because I believe the CPU has to create players for the draft in a dynasty. Right? Where else are those players going to come from???

Cavicchi, you do realize that the player you drafted has attributes that increase as he gets older? His speed rating may be 60+ by the end of his 3 year contract.

Cavicchi, you do realize that the player you drafted has attributes that increase as he gets older? His speed rating may be 60+ by the end of his 3 year contract.

The player was drafted by the CPU for the Mets. How could he have a speed rating of 44 and Stealing Aggressiveness of 99? This is all in my first post, and this is his first year--a 4-star Top Prospect. If you're saying he could increase his speed to make sense out of a stealing Aggressiveness of 99, I am totally lost here. First of all, what player has stealing aggressiveness of 99? Perhaps Ichiro depending on what roster you choose, but he sure is a lot faster than 44.

Getting back to my other question, if I use Ty's program to hide these CPU generated players, then how will the draft make any sense? Don't we need those CPU created players?

Archived