MVP in Fast Forward

philliesphan18

Ok - First off, I have searched the forums and tried all the reccommended treatments for this error (Vsynch, CPU usage, etc..). The wierd thing is that I didn't do anything for this to start. I hadn't played MVP in about 2.5 weeks and I started it up and it was in FF. Before that, it ran fine. Any help and suggestions would be greatly appretiated, because this way gives me a headache!

This happens to me with NHL 07. I don't really have an explanation (yet), but I'm looking into it as well. Keep me posted.

I have the same problem for NHL07. Still haven't gotten it to work.

I thought it was just my PC, but every other game works fine, but this one.

No Vista here, just XP MC Edition. Like I said, I didn't do any modding to this before it happened. I always check out my game after I install mods, and it was running fine, until I took a few weeks break, and then it went all hyper on me.

I am going to try and download updated drives for my video card and see if that works (Nvidia GeForce 7600 GS). First, I wanted to check if I was doing it right. Are the options selected in the pic below correct for my card and OPS (XP Media Center Edition)?

4vergk0.jpg

I am going to try and download updated drives for my video card and see if that works (Nvidia GeForce 7600 GS). First, I wanted to check if I was doing it right. Are the options selected in the pic below correct for my card and OPS (XP Media Center Edition)?

4vergk0.jpg

Seems right to me, this should fix everything, I had this problem once before.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried downloading drivers again and that didn't work. The install program froze at the halfway point of installation, and I don't think the drivers were any different than the other ones I downloaded earlier. So, I have no idea what to do from here. Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Damn bro, I don't know what to tell you, it happened to me more than once but never this soon. Did you uninstall the old drivers first? or just installed the new one? I use an ATI card and they have a prog. that uninstalls the old drivers, see if Nvidia has something similar, but make sure you uninstall it before installing the new one.

do you have a duo core processor?

if so, do you set the affinity of mvp to 1 core?

Yes I do. I'll try that. I change that through the task manager, correct?

If that doesn't work I'll try unistalling and re-installing the drivers.

You could delete the files, but then you have to edit the registry, which you don't want to do if you don't know what your doing. That program looks pretty simple to use, just give that a shot first.

Archived