Good news on the AstroEric front....

AstroEric

I've been here for 2.25 years now, and I feel as though I'm a member of the MVPMods family. You guys are in my list of sites and forums where I hang out for my wife to contact if something terrible should ever happen to me. So I feel a little like I should share good news with you....

I got my Master's degree two weeks ago, and was subsequently hired on as a visiting instructor at the university where I was a grad student. Now I'm an official college teacher! I'm signed up for two courses of 101 and two courses of 102, and I'm hoping for a low-level lit. course in the spring.

So if anyone needs papers proof-read....

...Ask somebody else. I'll be swamped by grading papers!

--Eric

a master's degree is usually about 6 years of college. so let's see how long it took him :) but congratutions! i'm a huge advocate of higher education. you should be very proud.

Congrats to you. Really great.

Make it to Atl again when H town comes to Atl. so the next time you yell "Hey Uncle Mo" someone will actually respond to that. Great job on the Masters.

Congrats! If you ever become a full proffessor, then you'll never be hungry!

Kind of random, but I remember when I was really little thinking that tenure was like "ten-year" as if in a baseball contract. Yep, I knew you were dying to know that.

Thanks everybody!

My Master's only took two and a half years, but I was a full-time student, and my degree's not terminal like some other disciplines'.

I hope to spend this year getting teaching experience and then go on to get my doctorate next year. The end goal is, as abc said, becoming a tenured professor and not starving to death!

--Eric

Thanks everybody!

My Master's only took two and a half years, but I was a full-time student, and my degree's not terminal like some other disciplines'.

I hope to spend this year getting teaching experience and then go on to get my doctorate next year. The end goal is, as abc said, becoming a tenured professor and not starving to death!

--Eric

you mean beyond undergraduate studie, right? how long was it supposed to be? good luck with your doctorate. it is well worth it.

Congradulations AstroEric, and best of luck to you with your new teaching position. You deserve it. :)

Aw...you're just sayin' that because teachers are jerks and I'm a jerk! :gape:

Archived