Problems with the EA patches

thespungo

I haven't downloaded any EA patches yet, and after hearing all the hub bub about them lately, I thought i'd give them a try.

I tried to download patch number 3, and I got a patch error. Word for word, this is what the patch error said:

"Old File not found. However, a file of the same name was found. No update done since file contents do not match."

What does that mean? What's going on here? Who's behind this?

lol....what do you mean whos behind it? You've updated your game now the files don't match so you haveta back them up and then replace them w/ old ones ...then put the stuff back in ... then your all set.

it was a joke.

so wait, what do you mean about updating my game? what you're saying is that I copy all my modded files, and then revert back to the original state of the game, install the third patch, and then put all my modded files back in?

Is this worth the trouble? Are the patches really this good? Do I need to install all three patches, or just the third one? Will I have to start my dynasty over? Will this work? Aarrrgghhh? Wait, that wasn't a question ...

Have you replaced the default rosters? If so, put the rosters from your disk back into your game and then download the patch. Patch 2 is the only one I would worry about.

No, you don't have to revert back to all the stock files.

It will just be a couple (or three) files causing the problem.

Grab on to and move the dialog box showing the error message, and then read in the box behind it which file it is getting hung up on. Replace that file from the original CD and re-run the patch...repeat as needed.

I had to replace rookies.big and attrib.dat if I call correctly.

Archived