Need some uniforms for the 1956 season mod

Jim825

While I have been able to find uniforms (either already in the game or available for download here) for most teams in the 1956 season mod I'm working on, there are a handful of teams that I have not been able to find uniforms for.

While I can use uniforms that are close (e.g. I've gotten permission to use uinforms from the '61 season mod), I'd prefer to have uniforms that are as accurate as possible (as I did when I created the '78 season mod). Here's what I need for 1956:

Brooklyn Dodgers Road uniform:

Cincinnati Redlegs Home and Road uniforms:

Pittsburgh Pirates Home and Road uniforms:

St. Louis Cardinals Home and Road uniforms:

Washington Senators Road uniform:

Besides the uniforms, I would also need a uniform preview (i.e the graphic that shows up on the uniform selection screen). If anyone can help, post here or send me a PM.

Thanks,

- Jim

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aren't some of those in TC7? The '55 Dodgers are there, so that shouldn't be too different, I can't imagine the Pirates changed much between '55 and '61 as well.

Those Reds road uniforms are weird though, man.

Aren't some of those in TC7? The '55 Dodgers are there, so that shouldn't be too different, I can't imagine the Pirates changed much between '55 and '61 as well.

Those Reds road uniforms are weird though, man.

Total Classics was the first place I looked, since I have the uniforms for all 120 teams on my hard drive and one of my roles on the TC team was to install uniforms.

The '55 Dodgers actually use the home and road uniforms for the '44 Dodgers which EA included with the game. The home uniforms were the same for a number of years. The road uniforms for the '37 Dodgers were also assigned to the '55 Dodgers to add variety:

1944 Dodgers:

1937 Dodgers:

The 1960 Pirates are in TC7 and those uniforms look like this:

You can see that these are different than the '56 uniforms (the dark sleeves go all the way to the shoulders).

As far as the Reds, they were renamed the Redlegs for a while in the 1950's. My guess is that this was most likely a reaction to the Sen. Joseph McCarthy's campaign against Communism in the U.S., and since "Reds" was a reference to Communists, Cincinnati didn't want any sort of affiliation with Communism. That's probably why they had that funky logo as well.

• 1 month later...

When will the 1956 mod be done?-was just wondering.

I saw the last beta just a few weeks ago, and it was spectacular. There are probably some more things Jim's still going to clean up, but it is so much fun to play. You won't be disappointed.

If it weren't for Gran Turismo and the very real playoffs coming up, I'd be playing as the Dodgers nonstop.

Everything is in the final stages right now (some last roster tweaks and simulations being run) and a possible audio surprise is being worked on (something never done before).

If everything goes right, my goal is to try to release the mod sometime this week.

The simulations I've run so far have produced results very similar to those from 1956 (MVP's, Cy Young winner, stats leaders, etc.).

If you liked the 1978 season mod, I think you'll like this one even more.

And speaking of 1978, today is the 29th anniversary of the 1-game playoff between the Yankees and Red Sox. Let's all raise a toast to Bucky "bleeping" Dent! (Sorry, Sean) :)

1978 was great-I loved the ABC logo-I played 162 game dynasties in both leagues. Hard to believe that something can be better than that-so I am looking forward to it. I'm guessing an audio surprise would be an announcer from that era saying a few words.

Jim, I'm having a lot of trouble finding the wordmark for that Cardinals uniform. Any help would be appreciated.

Don't worry about it. I'm using the Cardinals uniforms from the *61 mod. They look close enough to the '56 uniforms.

• 2 weeks later...

well i guess i should just say that i started a few of these awhile ago but never finished them. so i didn't wanna get any hopes up. but, i got a little extra time at lunch today, and i was bored so i did a little more. here's what i have thus far. the only thing i really need to do is get some decent batting gloves and shoes. don't know how accurate they are, so let me know. as you can see the manager's jackets probably aren't accurate, but i have no idea what they looked like.

and i couldn't do the washington ones since i can't seem to find a font that comes close to resembling the script.

and so much for no modding for october. i made a whole 2 weeks!

just let me know if you could use them.

Homer - I will DEFINITELY use them! They look great. :wtg:

I was getting ready to upload an update for TC1956, but I'll hold off a little while if it means that I can get these uniforms. I think you have my e-mail address but I'll PM it to you again just to be safe.

i'll get it uploaded tomorrow hopefully. just gotta make a few adjustments. plus, i forgot the files at work, so i can't do anything right now. i finished the portraits though, so it should be pretty quick.

and i was gonna say, if you can find a font or suggest one that somewhat resembles the sentaors one, i can throw that one together too...but looking at it closer...is that a zipper? it doesn't look like that one's a button up. that should interesting to try.

Right now, I'm using the '61 Senators road uniforms which are actually close. The only difference is that the lettering is straight versus rounded (see below):

'61 Senators:

'56 Senators:

HCL was never able to get me the Cardinals uniforms, so if you feel motivated to try those as well, I'd appreciate it. I'm currently using the '61 Cards uniforms:

As you can see, these are different than the '56 Cards uniforms:

yeah, they can be done easily. but like i said, all i really need is a font that looks like the lettering. from there, i can make the logos myself. so i guess i'm on the hunt for a similar font. let me know if you find one that might work too. if i can find a similar font, i'll make that chest logo for you too HCL.

Archived