My game will not install

thespungo

That's right, I uninstalled my game so I could get all my original files back, but I saved all my mods.

So I restart my computer and I try and install my game again, but I get two errors:

One; a 'ereg error report' You know, one of those things where you click, "dont send error report."

Two; and then after the error report, i get a pop up that says something about a file not in the win32 application.

this all happens after i click "install" from the mvp menu on disc one.

please oh please someone for the love of life help me. without this game, i am afraid i may have to start doing homework. it hasnt come to that yet, so there is still time!!! please!!!! i beg of you. i am in your capable hands ...

Windows XP

AMD Athelon 2400+

2.0 GHZ

725 RAM

I think it might have something to do with the registry. I think thats what the 'ereg' editor means. This is the most incredibly frusterating thing ever, because it was installed fine less than 24 hours ago, and not even a system restore will work. Thats why it worries me its a registry thing?

What are you thinking jpup?

i already reformated my pc and how do i contact ea :banghead:

Then I guess you're s*** out of luck...Either something is seriously wrong with your hardware or the game CD you are using is defected..

Guest Mindwarped

Run a god damn memory test.

when I said good that means no windows based program.

it will be dos or linux based and it will come with a floppy disk image so you can boot your computer and run it

Run a god damn memory test.

when I said good that means no windows based program.

it will be dos or linux based and it will come with a floppy disk image so you can boot your computer and run it

how do i run a memory test and how do i get a floppy disk image so you can boot your computer and run it

Archived