Another dog raid

Yankee4Life

Just checking up on the news just now, this story got my attention. This guy is apparently a rapper named DMX but I have never heard of him. Deputies in Arizona raided this idiot's home and found twelve pitbulls that were in "need of immediate medical care" and several dogs buried on his property. Maybe this DMX guy can be cellmates with Michael Vick?

Deputies Raid Home Of Rapper DMX

12 Dogs Seized; Others Found Buried

POSTED: 2:31 pm PDT August 24, 2007

UPDATED: 10:28 am PDT August 25, 2007

CAVE CREEK, Ariz. -- Sheriff's deputies acting on a tip of animal cruelty raided the Phoenix-area home of rapper-turned-actor DMX and carried out 12 pit bulls in need of immediate medical care, investigators said.

They said they also found several dogs buried in the back yard of the Cave Creek property.

The Maricopa County sheriff's deputies said a tip came in more than a week ago about dogs being kept in inhumane conditions, said Sheriff Joe Arpaio.

Detectives went to the home and then called one of the rapper's lawyers, Arapio said. Investigators told him that the conditions for the dogs needed to be improved or deputies would obtain a search warrant, Arpaio said.

Authorities armed with a warrant returned to the home Friday and discovered a dozen dogs that were not being watered or fed. Arapio said.

A source told CBS 5 News that someone had recently been hired to take care of DMX's dogs while he is in New York. Neighbors said they haven't seen DMX for several months.

Investigators also found drug paraphernalia and a cache of weapons inside the home, according Arpaio.

Arpaio said it does not appear dogfighting was involved, just abuse of dogs.

Earl Simmons, 36, also known as DMX, was not at home when the raid occurred, according to deupties.

The animals were taken to the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office M.A.S.H. unit. The facility at the jail is no-kill animal shelter created to house and care for animals that have been abused or neglected by their caretakers and rescued by the Animal Cruelty Investigative Unit.

DMX has a history of law-enforcement run-ins.

In 1999, during a "Hard Knock Life" tour stop in Denver, he was arrested and later cleared in the stabbing and shooting of his mother.

In 2002, he pleaded guilty to animal cruelty for neglecting 13 pit bulls in his possession.

LINK.

Look at this face. This eats me up inside. :(

this guy actually has a tattoo of one of his dogs. Back then (late 90's early 00's) he always talked about how his dogs meant so much to him, but that has changed apparently.

I believe he also had a crack addiction, so that can't help

That picture makes me feel so bad, people have to understand that their animals, but they have feelings and their also a man's best friend. It's a shame what these jerks do.

That picture makes me feel so bad, people have to understand that their animals, but they have feelings and their also a man's best friend. It's a shame what these jerks do.

Agree 100%. This kind of thing makes me sick.

Earl would never do any of these things they say he did, as a rapper and celebrity he has a record of contributing to society not degrading it

You gotta be kidding me...as a celebrity, he thinks he is above the law. The guy is a piece of garbage.

Earl would never do any of these things they say he did, as a rapper and celebrity he has a record of contributing to society not degrading it

You are kidding, right?

In 1999, during a "Hard Knock Life" tour stop in Denver, he was arrested and later cleared in the stabbing and shooting of his mother.

Sounds like a guy you'd like to be good friends with. :yernuts:

Ever, its out of character. This sort of thing isn't at all in line with the set of morals he normally promotes.

never mind, he's a *******. Sarcasm takes way too much work online anyway

I have a theory on why many minorities and poor folk are interested in dogfighting. I'm trying to find somewhere on the internet where this theory is backed up, but all I can find is junk about Michael Vick.

The picture of the dog tears me up. There is absolutely no justification for treating another living being that way. Too much entitlement, too little responsibility.

I have a theory on why many minorities and poor folk are interested in dogfighting. I'm trying to find somewhere on the internet where this theory is backed up, but all I can find is junk about Michael Vick.

Wow, you are going to make a great teacher... and if that gets too slow, you might consider writing for Leno or Letterman.

Damn what happened to you DMX back in the day he would have never done this I remember he used talk about how he loved his dog.

I was thinking this same thing.

WTF, seriously? He was a big proponent for animals back in the day. I'd like to think this is some kind of misunderstanding or something... but that just doesn't seem very likely... does it?

Archived