Krawhitham's two bits thread

Yankee4Life

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On a side note, am I the only person that just does not get the hype about Halo 3?
Am I the only person who just does not get the hype about all violent video games period? Perhaps the fact that I'm a pacifist has something to do with it, but even if so, doesn't it get a bit repetitive after a while? Kill a person here, kill a person there... now let's start killing people all over again.

Am I the only person who just does not get the hype about all violent video games period? Perhaps the fact that I'm a pacifist has something to do with it, but even if so, doesn't it get a bit repetitive after a while? Kill a person here, kill a person there... now let's start killing people all over again.

OK, now I ask you this question.

Would you rather have the people who love violent video games kill people IN REAL LIFE instead?

So people who feel like killing people want to take it out on something, so they take it out on video games. Right, that's what you're saying? So it's good to make violent video games to make sure people take them out on those and not in real life. How about a better solution is try to make the people who feel like killing people in the first place smaller? It's not even about specific kids and video games, it's the effect they have on all American culture, and it's a bad effect.

So people who feel like killing people want to take it out on something, so they take it out on video games. Right, that's what you're saying? So it's good to make violent video games to make sure people take them out on those and not in real life.

How about a better solution is try to make the people who feel like killing people in the first place smaller? It's not even about specific kids and video games, it's the effect they have on all American culture, and it's a bad effect.

Violence in video games is not causally linked with aggressive tendencies.

http://www.psychologymatters.org/videogames.html

A lot of the video game related killings are often based on the people just being plain old crazy. Speaking of crazy, whatever happened to that term?

Ever since Columbine I've seen people try to avoid that word, placing the mental condition not on the suspects involved but heavily on the things that surrounded them, like it being DOOM's fault, Marilyn Manson's fault, etc, when people don't even realize that the kids were fscked in the head to begin with.

Usually I take my anger out on violent video games and at times in MVP Baseball, usually hurling 17K masterpieces and the like. I play a lot of violent video games but I am never pushed to the brink of just exploding and going on a killing spree

Violence in video games is not causally linked with aggressive tendencies.

http://www.psychologymatters.org/videogames.html

A lot of the video game related killings are often based on the people just being plain old crazy. Speaking of crazy, whatever happened to that term?

I smell Chris Rock... ;)

Now, if only each bullet cost $5,000...

Archived