vote756.com

Sandlot

Getting rid of the ball would be wrong. That ball needs to be around to remind everyone of the mistakes that were made that allowed this to happen. That being said I voted to brand it, because sending it unmarked would allow the problem with it to fade with the years. A branded asterisk would be a permanent testament, and I think that is appropriate.

Now that I think about it, it's pretty outrageous that this guy bought it and then is just going to throw it away... if I were him, I would save it for a few years, auction it off again at a higher price, and give it all to charity. I know it sounds cheesy, but it's completely true - 750,000 bucks, and probably more when it's auctioned a second time, can seriously make a difference.

Now that I think about it, it's pretty outrageous that this guy bought it and then is just going to throw it away... if I were him, I would save it for a few years, auction it off again at a higher price, and give it all to charity. I know it sounds cheesy, but it's completely true - 750,000 bucks, and probably more when it's auctioned a second time, can seriously make a difference.
No way in hell that it would ever become more valuable from previous history.

No way in hell that it would ever become more valuable from previous history.
Artifacts or famous, really expensive items usually get sold for a much higher amount than originally five or ten years after the original auction, and this is the ball from Bonds' 756th homer, you think nobody wants it, or at least will want it even more in a few years? Excuse me for being so terribly wrong...

it's being branded.

bonds stated this guy was dumb for wasting over $700,000 on this. maybe, or let's suppose the guy's loaded and can afford it. and at the same time just got himself on national television...kind of a publicity stunt. on top of that, he had over 10 million votes casted at his site, so how many visits from different people do you think he got? how many of those noticed the advertising for his company? pretty nifty pr stunt if you ask me. albeit expensive, but if you can afford it...

Archived