vote756.com

Sandlot

the HOF already said it would welcome the ball. they represent baseball history. it's always been their stance. if they sided with the players, pete rose would easily be in already.

Why does he have to do something like this for? I hope Bonds tries and sue him.

He didn't have to do it. He chose to do it. It's his money, which he might have decided to use to buy the ball and let the people, who watch baseball on a daily basis and might just be a little ticked off at MLB controlling almost anything baseball-related and making a killing off of it, decide what to do with the ball.

In the world of MLB, there's not a whole lot that the fans control. I actually think it was quite nice to be able to have a choice in something related to MLB.

Yea, but Ecko is ruining a part of ALL TIME sports history. I honestly think this guy is a jackass, and he should leave the ball as it is.

Barry would have a case if he wanted to sue.

If he did, exactly what leverage would he have? What would he hold against Ecko? The fact that he hit the ball? LOL

Haha, that and the ball is a part of history. The HOF would probably come into play aswell.

Barry would have a case if he wanted to sue.

Obviously we're not talking about any criminal case. So what exactly would would Bonds' cause of action be against Ecko? In contract? Not possible. In tort? Well there were no intentional torts committed; I don't see a cause of action in negligence against Ecko; Surely Ecko hasn't defamed Bonds. There is clearly no product liability tortuous cause of action.

So what would this cause of action be if Barry "wanted" to sue?

the HOF already said it would welcome the ball. they represent baseball history. it's always been their stance. if they sided with the players, pete rose would easily be in already.

Pete Rose is a different story. They said they would accept it, but with it branded???? It's a dark side of baseball that has yet to be proven....

none of that would hold up in court. he can sue him for anything he wants, but that'll just get laughed out of court. there was no crime, nothing that was false was stated as fact, there was nothing. he didn't destroy a piece of history. he just branded it. it's still all in tact. and you can't get sued for destruction of your own property, unless it has intent or does cause harm to the public. in which case, a baseball wouldn't even come close to qualifying. the HOF again, has already welcomed the ball as ecko was going to present it, whether it was branded, or the way it was. he didn't do anything except what the majority of people wanted. `

Archived