Backgrounds

MilkmanAnt

big files can be extracted by various ways. the most common around here are with EAgraph or Biggui. inside the big files are fsh files, which contain your bmp's. the most commnon way to extract those are with nfshtool.

• 2 weeks later...

extract the fsh files from whichever big file you're looking at, either with eagraph or biggui. then use nfshtool to unpack it, edit the bmp, and repack it with nfshtool. then use Tit to install the fsh back into the game.

I exported 23bd to the desktop (BIGGUI), unpacked it with nfshtool, and got a folder named 23bd containing the bmp and index.fsh

I changed the pic to a 512x512 of my own.

I then clicked on index.fsh, and it packed. Then I used biggui to import the new 23bd.fsh file. Then I installed it with TIT. Now my game crashes right before the cts screen comes up.

first off, patience is a virtue you need to obtain.

secondly, why are you installing it with biggui and Tit? just do one or the other.

i'm not too fond of installing it with biggui because it can corrupt your files. since i have no idea what process you used to do it, my guess would be you either did it wrong, or you didn't compress it. so i'm hoping you backed up your files before you did it.

when using nfshtool, you say that you "clicked the index.fsh, and it packed?" what do you mean by this? after you replaced your bmp file, the index file was meant to be dragged and dropped back into nfshtool to "repack" the 23bd.fsh file. and to check that it worked, open the 23bd.fsh file with eagraph and preview to see the pic is in there. if you're using the Tit, it shouldn't be a problem since it does everything for you, so long as you name it correctly and zip it up. so at this point you could zip it up and use the Tit.

my bet is your problem is somewhere with biggui since Tit is pretty automatic.

well if it crashes with a new overlay, don't you think that it's the overlay your system can't handle?

image size, not sure. only one way to find out. try it and let me know. just make sure to edit the image size in the index file.

Well forget the size matter.....I put backgrounds for the main menu, and game modes.

When its ready to go to the 4th picture in game modes, it crashes. Or when I try a dynasty, it crashes. Also going to a lineup.

I checked biggui and everything was compressed, so what can be wrong?

Archived