Wii Thread

Sean O

Well, I've been trying for a little while to track a Wii down, to absolutely no avail. If anyone has tips and tricks for availability, may as well put them here.

Note: this isn't the place to trash the system. If you have constructive criticism, go for it, but none of that WII TOTALLY SUCKS crap, capisce?

What I'm using:

http://wiitracker.com/

Refresh Thing

OuttaStock

Just can't see myself spending $350 for a $250 system on eBay. Also, kinda wish I didn't live in a major metro area.

Where I live they are around in abundance. I wouldn't care to purchase it for you and have you give me the money and I'll send it to you.

If interested PM me. I'm an honest guy and won't rip you off.

ny sources (nintendo rep who comes into my work to clean systems and check game sales) tells me that nintendo will stop making wii systems this Christmas to build up the want for it like last year. If you can find one then you are lucky. Usually they go out on sundays and are featured in the stores flier for that week

i think the standard price for a system is 249.99

Edit: for DJ eagles case i dont know what price they would be in Canada.

Also for all you This week at Toys R Us if you buy 2 games you get the third free

249.99, just the standard price.

If DJEagles buys one in Canada and ships it to a U.S. resident would the format be the same? For instance are Wii's made in 2 formats PAL and NTSC like the Xbox360? If so, that may be something to check about. SeanO wouldn't want to buy a PAL 360 and only be able to buy NTSC games in his area. The 2 won't work with each other.

Well, that was surprisingly easy in the end. Long story short, just before I left to drive to the local Best Buy where there were supposed to be a few in stock from an early shipment, I checked Circuit City's Online Tracker and amazingly they had one in stock 30 miles away. Good thing too, since the best buy didn't even have them in stock anyway.

So, all's well that ends well. Best of luck to anyone else searching, but I'd check the CC page.

check the circuit city link a couple times each day. I have a number of different zip codes I put in to see if it's around, and when I managed to get it, a little "add to cart" button appeared instead of the out of stock text.

Then, keep checking wiitracker.com, and look for the best buy fliers. A lot of times they'll go on sale right at opening on sundays, so keep a lookout the day prior.

or go to gamestop.com, i think you can buy systems off there.

They have some ultra expensive bundles, but they're really not worth it. I only ended up spending 3 or so days to find mine, so it is possible to find. Major metro areas are getting hammered, while areas like the middle of Kansas have a glut, so you have to wonder if they're going to rethink their distribution plans.

If I saw 5 or 6 available I'd snatch them all up. That'd be a nice tidy profit.

• 1 month later...

What are your Wii Sports scores?

Tennis: 1560

Baseball: 892

Bowling: 1092

Definitely been playing tennis the most. It gets really, really hard when you start facing two 2000s every time. Good workout though.

oh oh oh oh!!

SEAN!!

I found a Wii thread.

I've only played Wii sports, and I had a ball playing it. Does anyone have any of the EA Sports games for it? How's the gameplay with those games?

• 4 weeks later...

CC-

I like it, but I find myself going in stretches of playing it and not. It is a great party platform, so it's really meant for multiplayer. Until companies figure out the controls and actually make good games, it's not going to have much depth.

If you have people over regularly I'd recommend it, since just Wii Tennis alone is great with other people. My girlfriend and I play it once a night typically, but i'm definitely waiting for the controls to be figured out. The Wii could easily have the best MLB game in history just because of the controls, it just depends on whether it reaches its potential.

Archived