Frank Caliendo

D-Unit

I saw him on TBS last night, it was one of the funniest things I have ever watched. He was so on target with every voice, and I couldn't even pick a favorite one because they were all hysterical.

Is it really that good? I mean, all of TBS' advertising for it during the playoffs kinda pushed me away from it.

Yeah, it was an overkill last month during the playoffs but this guy is very good. If you have a DVR, record him on Tuesday and give it a shot. I'm going to have to because that's too late for me.

Yeah, it was an overkill last month during the playoffs but this guy is very good. If you have a DVR, record him on Tuesday and give it a shot. I'm going to have to because that's too late for me.

Oh yeah, I'm going to definately DVR it. But I'm not sure if it will only be that one time.

I hate to break up this love fest. He may be funny, but I can only be so impressed with a man who makes his career of being someone else. Impressions are nice, but I'd like to see something else too. I guess what I'm saying is I'm not a big fan of one-trick ponies.

I hate to break up this love fest. He may be funny, but I can only be so impressed with a man who makes his career of being someone else. Impressions are nice, but I'd like to see something else too. I guess what I'm saying is I'm not a big fan of one-trick ponies.

Then why do you like Johan Santana so much?

Yeah I think you're going to have to explain that one. To answer your question anyways. Johan Santana is the best pitcher in the major leagues, and he plays for my favorite team. Thats about the most basic reason anyone could have for liking a player, and Santana is anything but a one trick pony. He throws 3 good pitches, he defends his position, and if you watch him play in interleague he looks pretty good swinging a bat.

well then the same thing can be said for lots of comedians who are more oriented toward one or two observational areas of comedy like politics and gender right?

and the word "one-trick pony" only would work if he only did John Madden and George Bush.

He does a lot of personnels and he does come up with new ones (like Charles Barkley recently) in a while.

well then the same thing can be said for lots of comedians who are more oriented toward one or two observational areas of comedy like politics and gender right?

and the word "one-trick pony" only would work if he only did John Madden and George Bush.

He does a lot of personnels and he does come up with new ones (like Charles Barkley recently) in a while.

Thats a fair point, and he is definitely very good at what he does. Its just a matter of personal preference, I like impressions, but for me they augment a good comedian they don't make a good comedian.

I can only be so impressed with a man who makes his career of being someone else.

What about actors? That's pretty much their entire job. Matter of fact, that is their entire job. Being a good actor is one of the hardest things to accomplish in life. Albeit, there are a lot of bad actors around, but thats a different scenario.

What about actors? That's pretty much their entire job. Matter of fact, that is their entire job. Being a good actor is one of the hardest things to accomplish in life. Albeit, there are a lot of bad actors around, but thats a different scenario.

The Greek word for actor is hypocrite.

Random, I know, but it kind of sums things up.

He does a different impression every Sunday on the NFL Kickoff show on FOX and they're always really good. Today he did Jay Leno and I swear he sounded and even looked just like him.

Archived