Anyone know anything about DSLR cameras?

fuzzone

Was wondering if i should go with the nikon d40 along with a 18-55mm lens and 55mm-200mm f/4-5.6G ED-IF AF-S DX VR lens or should i go with a nikon d80 with a 18-70mm and 70-300mm.

I'm open for lens ideas. I'm still fairly new to photography, but I'd like to purchase a kit this winter.

i dont know why you would have a problem choosing....D80 has 10megapixels...as the D40 has 6....other than that they have the same stuff...the thing with the megapixels is that if you make an enlargment they are going to be pixelated....aka shitty choppy square crap. get the D80 and shoot camera raw only! if you dont your not gona get what you want out of it...as for the lens it all depends on what you shoot and if your too afrade to get close....honestly zoom lens are alright, but if you can i would buy many lens with no zoom at all...so the aperatures would open up or close down as much as you'd want them too...if you get a 50mm lens with zoom its only going to close down to like 3.5..but if you get one with out zoom it will close down to 1.5ish adding more deph of feild....if you want to know more just PM me...im a photographer who has been shooting for about 3years now.

Archived