Infield logos

MilkmanAnt

I make a picture to replace the MLB Logos on the Yankee Stadium infield. Using the regular yanknite.big file, the picture shows.....

mvp20052008-01-2114-39-17-22.jpg

When I do the same in the latest Yankee Stadium night, it doesn't show. There were never logos there in the 1st place. Does that mean that I can't put the logo there?

The logos might have been lowered below round level. Try opening the corresponding .O files in OEdit and raise the parts if necessary, then save, convert and re-import.

There will not be any .O files direct inside the .big file, you need to extract the .ord and .orl files from the .BIG file, convert them to a .O file using ORDTools and a batch file, and then open the .O file in OEdit.

There will not be any .O files direct inside the .big file, you need to extract the .ord and .orl files from the .BIG file, convert them to a .O file using ORDTools and a batch file, and then open the .O file in OEdit.
That's absolutely right.

MILKMANANT, if you take a look at either rolie's ZOMD tutorial or Homer's cyberface tutorial, they show you exactly how to extract the .ord and .orl files and then later convert it into a .o file.

Make one. The one I always used, and never had any problems with, is as follows;

@echo off 

echo This will unpack the stadium.

echo 

echo Press any key to continue, or ctrl+c to abort. 

pause>nul 

gfxpak -u aa02nite.big 

echo Done. Press any key to close. 

pause>nul

To be honest, I think you had better start from the very beginning. At the start of the thread, I was working on the assumption that you already had a working knowledge of how to do stadium mods, but I think I maye have been wrong, so let's start from the start. :)

First, copy the file into a folder, say C:Stadium modding, for example, then copy the above text into Notepad, change the stadium name to whatever the file name you're working on is (in your case, yes, it would be yanknite.big) and save it as unpack.bat. Copy the file gfxpak.exe into your folder, then run the batch file. Following the instructions should leave you with all the contents of the .big file in the folder.

Now, you need to unpack the .fsh file where the image files are stored - most commonly cram32.fsh. Set up NFSHTool to open .fsh files, then double click the cram32.fsh file, which should unpack the contents of the .fsh file into a new folder named cram32.fsh. Enter this folder and make whatever image edits you want, then execute index.fsh from inside the cram32 folder. This will re-pack the image files in the folder, along with the changes you've made to the images, into your cram32.fsh file in the original folder.

Now, go back to the original folder, then use whatever program you want to re-import cram32.fsh back into your .big file. I personally use EAGraph to reimport, no real reason other than personal preference, but you could also use gfxpak again, using the command "gfxpak -p yanknite.big cram32.fsh". (As I said, I use EAGraph, and can't remember using gfxpak to repack, so this may not be correct, but it looks correct from an old batch file I have lying around.)

From there, your .big file should have been updated with your new cram32.fsh data. Just copy the .big file into your MVP Baseball 2005datastadiums directory and run the game. You should now see your stadium modification in action.

Hope that helps. :)

The file was field0. I did the editing and re-importing before and it didnt show. I'm trying to accomplish your 1st reply to see if that is the reason. I'm just having trouble transforming the orl, ord files into .o files.

Field0, yeah, sorry, I forgot you were trying to change the logos. You'll also need to change field1 and field2 to make sure the changed logos show in all cases - if you have your grass set to random in the stadium options, and have only changed 1 of the 3 files, you may see the logos when using diamond grass textures, but not lined or the other one, whatever it is. It's been a long time since I've modded them.

To change .ord and .orl into .o files, copy ord2o.exe and o2ord.exe into your unpacking folder, then create another batch files, named ord2o.bat, with the following contents;

pause

ord2o field0.ord field0.orl field0.o

pause

Again, I'm not entirely sure if field0.ord etc. are the correct names from inside the .big file, but you can change them if necessary. However, if all you're doing is changing the graphics and not increasing the resolution of them or anything, you don't need to mess with OEdit at all. Just changing the images themselves and reimporting will do the job.

This sounds like you have been going through a lot for what it is worth. Is that supposed to be something painted onto the grass or a mat that has been laid down on top of the grass?

Yea Field0-2 are FSH files that contain the logos.

mfield0-2 are the ORD and ORL files that need te be changed into .o files. These files have the 3D modeling for the 3 different fields. The batch file only changed mfiled0.orl into an .o file.

The OEdit process is very confusing. I'm trying to lower the grass like you said in your 1st reply.

Archived