Mvpmods Super Bowl XLII Thread

Yankee4Life

Who will win Super Bowl XLII?  

55 members have voted

1. 1.

• New York Giants
    • New England Patriots
    • I'm pulling for whomever Kraw is pulling for because I want to play Mvp 08
    • None of the above

That's what they get for being cocky enough to come out with a book before playing the game.

Same thing went for the Packers and giving the players the Super Bowl tickets before their NFC Championship loss. There's such a thing called Karma and when it comes back to bite you in the ***, it can be a total *****.

Sarcasm ->

Now that a NY football team won the Super Bowl, can we start talking about a NY World Series ... or better yet, maybe we can just come out with a book too.

:loco: :lol:

Sure, why not? Just cancel the season and since the Mets got Santana, give it to them. No need to play the games if we know what's going to happen, right? I am sure the publishers of this book will start to print up 2008 World Series champions books by the end of next week for anyone who wants to buy it.

I agree with you on the Karma thing, I believe in that. That is why I don't cheer until the game is done and the 27th out is made.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

162-0: The Historic Season of New York's Unbeatable Mets.

I think it would be 172-1 lmao. Although, I think it's easier to go 0-162 in baseball and just imagine if that happened. However, I guess Football is the only Pro sport where a team can really go undefeated.

If you had to give the MVP award to someone on the Defense, who would it be?

I thought the defense did an excellent job with the high flying Patriots offense. And if it wasn't for them, Eli wouldn't have had a shot to win it.

Any thoughts?

Santana can't pitch every game.

Well, even if Santana DID pitch every game for the Mets next year, they'd be 109-53*... which would still be pretty darn good, I suppose.

* - Based on Santana's lifetime winning percentage. :wink:

I thought the defense did an excellent job with the high flying Patriots offense. And if it wasn't for them, Eli wouldn't have had a shot to win it.

Any thoughts?

That entire defense deserved it. But it is rare a defensive guy gets it.

Any thoughts?

As I said earlier in this thread... DE Osi Umenyiora had a heck of a game, pressuring Brady.

But if you go by stats: DE Justin Tuck #91, 5 tackles, 1 assist, 2 sacks, one forced fumble.

Couldn't you block that IP?

Yes, we do and we have done it to many IP's in the past. Sometimes this stuff happens to Eamods too. It's just someone playing games. But the only guy who can ban the IP is Trues, and he isn't here. So right now he gets away with it until he gets bored and decides to go look at naked photos of girls.

Agreed about the whole defense but how would they be able to fit the whole defense in the Escalade? Osi and Justin were keys though ... if you can't provide the pressure then Brady would have picked us apart.

BTW Y4L, I just said a NY team .. I didn't say Mets nor Yanks .. just a NY team. I was just being sarcastic but as far as I'm concerned, Santana helps but the division like it has been all those years goes through Atlanta.

But who cares about all this ... Giants just won. Yippie !!!!!

Did they play the Disney: I'm going to Disney Land commercial?

Yes, we do and we have done it to many IP's in the past. Sometimes this stuff happens to Eamods too. It's just someone playing games. But the only guy who can ban the IP is Trues, and he isn't here. So right now he gets away with it until he gets bored and decides to go look at naked photos of girls.

Yep, earlier EAmods had 150 visitors.

Why don't they go mess with some other site, lol. :)

Is that why the site has been going so slow lately?

This has something to do with it and also there is a site slowdown when a lot of users are on at once. But the flooding does not help at all. All you can do is ban the IP but we can still tell it is coming from Amsterdam.

This has something to do with it and also there is a site slowdown when a lot of users are on at once. But the flooding does not help at all. All you can do is ban the IP but we can still tell it is coming from Amsterdam.

Ban all the people that sign up just to download, that'll take care of it. :D

Ban all the people that sign up just to download, that'll take care of it. :D

The people that do this don't even sign up, they are visitors. Trues has a good handle on them but he can't be here 24/7. Hell, if I was working I would not be here. I'm home because I am laid up.

Archived