The Official Fantasy Baseball thread of 2008

Totte

Hughes might be a solid pickup as we discussed earlier.

As you said D-Unit, Joba's status and role is a bit uncertain at this point. Why gamble on him so high?

What do you guys expect from Melky this year?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Melky should improve being the full-time CF, perhaps bringing a little more power than last year. I could see him putting up a .285/12 HR/75 RBI and 20 steals, an OBP not much higher than .350.

i also want to draft josh hamilton and salty. Salty entering his first full season especially at that texas park hes guranteed to jack 20+ homeruns same with hamilton.

You've got more reasons to draft Rocco Baldelli than Hamilton. Hamilton has just been in the league for one season, but it all depends. If he's in the late rounds then pick him up. He may be a sleeper in the league as his stock fell a lot towards the end of last season.

i think the most underated player in the draft is jason bay hes a solid player who has good power now i know his batting average was down last year but i think hes going to come back with a impact. hes a good early 2nd rounder or late 1st.

i think the most underated player in the draft is jason bay hes a solid player who has good power now i know his batting average was down last year but i think hes going to come back with a impact. hes a good early 2nd rounder or late 1st.

But why draft so high when you can probably get him in 6th round?

Let me know what you guys think of these two teams I have:

The Naturals 08

C - Victor Martinez - CLE

1B - Carlos Pena - TB

2B - Ian Kinsler -TEX

3B - Aramis Ramirez - CHC

SS - Hanley Ramirez - FLA

OF - Hunter Pence - HOU

OF - Delmon Young - MIN

OF - Carlos Beltran - NYM

P - Los Angeles Dodgers (MLB drafts whole pitching staffs I guess)

OF - Kosuke Fukudome - CHC

3B - Eric Chavez - OAK

C - Bengie Molina - SF

2B/SS - Brendan Harris - MIN

SS - Jhonny Peralta - CLE

OF - Mike Cameron - SD

Franchise Players 08

C - J.R. Towles - HOU

1B - Todd Helton - COL

2B - Chase Utley - PHI

3B - Aramis Ramirez - CHC

SS - Jose Reyes - NYM

OF - Josh Fields - CHI

OF - Manny Ramirez - BOS

OF - B.J. Upton - TB

P - Toronto Blue Jays

3B - Eric Chavez - OAK

SS - Tony Pena - KC

2B - Freddy Sanchez - PIT

OF - Vernon Wells - TOR

OF - Josh Willingham - FLA

1B - Paul Konerko - CHI

lol, he could be solid when he's healthy.

I haven't tweaked with my roster yet, just wanted to get a general idea of how my teams are shaping up. And the only preranking I changed was making Hanley my first pick, he's projected for an off year but I don't see that happening for a 23 year old who has had two stellar seasons and is supposed to be even better.

Chavez...ouch

I will stay away from that guy, I would totally spend my pick on someone else, totally.

MLB.com is lame, not drafting individual pitchers drive me crazy. (you see, last year in my AL-only contract keeper league, I spent $2 bid on Jeremy Accardo before the season started, and picked up McGowan and Marcum for $2 combined)

• 1 month later...

My first ever live draft (5th pick in a serpentine draft) and as you can see, my in-experience shows in these picks. Let me know what you guys think. There are a total of 10 teams in the league.

[b]Hitting categories - R, H, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, OPS[/b]

C - Jarrod Salty

1B - Albert Pujols

2B - Yunel Escobar

3B - Ryan Braun

SS - Orlando Cabrera

LF - Hideki Matsui

CF - Jacoby Ellsbury

RF - Nick Markakis

Util - Ian Kinsler

BN - Matt Kemp

BN - Jack Cust

BN - Cameron Maybin

BN - J.D. Drew

BN - Josh Fields
[b]Pitching categories - W, L, CG, SV, K, HLD, ERA, WHIP[/b]

SP - Brandon Webb

SP - Cole Hamels

SP - Roy Oswalt

SP - Tim Hudson

SP - Chien-Ming Wang

RP - Manny Corpas

RP - Jonathan Broxton

RP - Hideki Okajima

BN - Franklin Morales

BN - Clay Buchholz

BN - Greg Maddux

Time to analyze my team:

C - Geovanny Soto

1B - Carlos Pena

2B - BJ Upton

SS - Jose Reyes

3B - Ryan Braun

OF - Nick Markakis

OF - Corey Hart

OF - Brad Hawpe

Util - Alex Gordon

Util - Josh Hamilton

BN - Kelly Johnson

BN - Ryan Garko

BN - Julio Lugo

BN - Kevin Kouzmanoff

SP - Erik Bedard

SP - Carlos Zambrano

SP - Tim Lincecum

SP - Rich Hill

RP - Joe Nathan

RP - Joakim Soria

P - Jered Weaver

P - Matt Garza

P - Brandon Lyon

BN - Hiroki Kuroda

BN - Jon Lester

10 Teams - 25 Players each - Standard Yahoo Scoring

I think I might drop Lugo or Johnson to pick up another pitcher. Also, I want to try and deal for a bonafide home run hitter.

redsox: why Morales and his Coors Field? Salty is a long shot to even make the roster now, big question marks around Drew and Fields. 10-team league there should be TONS of good players out there that I think will be helpful, if it's daily league, pick up Nate McLouth type player who doesn't win the full-time gig but contributing big time when he plays.

Philliesfan, trade away B.J. Upton for sizable reward if you can. I think Garza is a little shaky but fine. I would NOT keep Joe Nathan by all means, saves are plenty, and trading for either offense or SP help wouldn't be bad.

redsox: why Morales and his Coors Field? Salty is a long shot to even make the roster now, big question marks around Drew and Fields. 10-team league there should be TONS of good players out there that I think will be helpful, if it's daily league, pick up Nate McLouth type player who doesn't win the full-time gig but contributing big time when he plays.

Thanks for the response. This is actually the first league in which I was part of a live draft and this is actually learning experience for me.

The reason for drafting Drew is hoping that he will bounce back from his off year. Also Morales is no longer with the team and neither is Matsui and Oswalt. Acquired Manny and Scott Shields in return for them. My logic behind is that Manny is sure to bounce from his off-year and would be able to provide me with some HRs and RBIs in case Pujols is affected by his injury or if the youngsters (Braun, Markakis, and co.) can't produce as they did last year. I was also weak on the relief department and added Shields to bolster that.

Thanks for the response. This is actually the first league in which I was part of a live draft and this is actually learning experience for me.

The reason for drafting Drew is hoping that he will bounce back from his off year. Also Morales is no longer with the team and neither is Matsui and Oswalt. Acquired Manny and Scott Shields in return for them. My logic behind is that Manny is sure to bounce from his off-year and would be able to provide me with some HRs and RBIs in case Pujols is affected by his injury or if the youngsters (Braun, Markakis, and co.) can't produce as they did last year. I was also weak on the relief department and added Shields to bolster that.

Manny and Scott Shields?!

Oh dear sir...that guy picked up a HUGE bargain in form of Roy Oswalt, and unless the league counts holds, Shields will not be of much value, if any at all. You paid 35+ homer price for Manny, and I don't see it happen again, he will be a solid contributor, 25-100 is probable, but I don't see Manny Ramirez hit 35+ homers in a year.

THIS IS ALL PRESEASON EDUCATED GUESS!

AND IT MIGHT TURN OUT TO BE STUPID

(but for now, the price is not right)

Archived