Changing Texture Size within Stadiums

fookes

I created a grass texture that is 1024x1024 in size, and am trying to install it in certain stadiums to replace the generic 256x256 texture. Once i replace the bmp, and update the index.fsh from 256 256 to 1024 1024, and it won't compile. Its strange, it will work in minute maid park, but not in wrigely. Any ideas?

what error are you getting when you try to compile? It could be a buffer size issue, which would explain why it's different in certain parks.

Just give more detail, and we'll help out.

Thanks.... The error happens when I try to rebuild the field0.fsh - field2.fsh files via the index.fsh file, as it won't rebuild. If I replace the original texture with the correct texture size in the index.fsh, works fine. Appreciate your time.

Right, but can you describe the error? Does it say something about bufsize? Does it happen with a park that's been modded or not? If you can tell me specifically what nfshtool says, I can probably diagnose it.

Typically it'll either say it's a problem with the buffer size, or it'll give a specific line in index.fsh that is messed up. Post as much info as you can.

Changed to several values, required something like 2679960 to compile. All values still made the stadium crash. This happens with the Hi Res grass mod as well, not sure if it has something to do with the CRAM32.fsh file inside or not.

Update - Strange, it works during homerun showdown, but not in exibition

Just got it to work with 512x512 texture in Wrigley, looks pretty good and shimmering is almost non-existant. Must have something to do with size of the buffer being to large or something, tried with 2048x2048 and died as well.

For anyone interested, I've attached a custom grass texture, that is 512x512. It looks great with the field changer mod, and gives grass a much crisper texture, without the need to increase buffer size or create shimmering issues. You can use it on any stadium you want. I don't have time to create a mod to add, but I would think this would integrate nicely into the field changer mod.

Archived