Call of Duty 4 Hi-Res Photos

Yankee4Life

Look, I am not really too sure what this game is about since I don't own an X-Box 360, but I keep hearing about this game from you guys in here. So when I saw some of these hi-res photos for this game on a newsgroup that I visit every day, I grabbed them in case anyone would like them. The site that uploaded these photos is right here.

There are 13 of these pictures in this zip file. I'll show you one of them here and if you like them, grab them all. Like I said, I'm not too familiar with this game but from what I read in the forums this is a popular game.

The file description was cut off. It should read:

13 photos for the game Call of Duty 4 downloaded from the newsgroups. The group I grabbed this from was alt.binaries.games. There are .bmp versions of each of these pictures too that are not included in this zip file. If you want those, they can be found on the newgroup. They are the exact same photos except that the .bmp version has the game logo on it. These photos do not.

The story is set in a fictional near-future war between the U.S. and Europe against Russian Ultranationalists and Middle Eastern rebels, and features many real-world weapons and vehicles. It is told from the perspective of both a USMC soldier and an operative of the British SAS, and is set in a variety of locations, including the Middle East, Azerbaijan, Russia, and Chernobyl. Its multiplayer features a variety of game modes and contains a "level/ranking" system, with the player unlocking additional weapons, weapon attachments, and camouflage schemes as they advance.

The story is set in a fictional near-future war between the U.S. and Europe against Russian Ultranationalists and Middle Eastern rebels, and features many real-world weapons and vehicles. It is told from the perspective of both a USMC soldier and an operative of the British SAS, and is set in a variety of locations, including the Middle East, Azerbaijan, Russia, and Chernobyl. Its multiplayer features a variety of game modes and contains a "level/ranking" system, with the player unlocking additional weapons, weapon attachments, and camouflage schemes as they advance.

Sounds interesting. Now if this game includes a blitzkrieg on Boston, I'll go out and buy a 360 tomorrow. :lol:

Y4L - COD is a first person shooter game. The first two releases COD1 and COD2 took place during World War II. In those two releases, the game was broken up into 3 separate sets of missions and in each one you took on a different persona. In the first set of missions, you were a U.S. soldier. In the second set, a British soldier, and in the third set a Russian soldier.

I have those two releases for the PC and really enjoyed them, as well as the Medal of Honor series that was also set in World War II. Unfortunately, my PC does not meet the minimum requirements for the latest Medal of Honor game (MOH:Airborne) that came out recently.

I'm a bit of a WWII history buff so I don't really get into the modern shooters or Sci-Fi shooters.

Have it for PC. Was not going to buy it but got it for my b.day as a gift. I played the single player, and that was very fun and engaging from the get go. Nothing like the bland demo I tried at all.

I started online and that is fun as well. Very good graphics, and you don't need Vista. I have what is considered an average to above average card, and I can get amazing graphics. They game is amazing as crap, but more so for PC users because you can play on modded maps, giving more and more to the end users.

And to think I wasn't going to buy this game!

It is modern warfare for this year but Call of Duty 5 is already being worked on and it is going back to WWII. Hoping that pleases you Jim.

I still have a trusty ATI Radeon 9600 Pro video card in my 2.8 GHz Dell PC. It runs MVP2005 just fine, so I'd be reluctant to upgrade. COD4 has a minimum requirement of a 9800 Pro video card, so if my current PC can't run COD4, I doubt it would be able to run COD5.

It is modern warfare for this year but Call of Duty 5 is already being worked on and it is going back to WWII. Hoping that pleases you Jim.

How do you know its going back?

i believe its a rumor... and i saw it from a link some where. its supposed to be in the pacific instead of the european stage.

Medal of Honor had a game called MOH:Pacific Assault which started with the attack on Pearl Harbor.

Are you sure it wasn't Rising Sun? I think Rising Sun starts with Pearl Harbor.

Rising Son was for the console. Pacific Assault was for the PC. You're right in that the PC version opens up with your character attacking a beach, however, he gets shot (no matter what you do) and you go through a series of flashbacks that take him to boot camp and the first real mission is Pearl Harbor.

Have it for PC. Was not going to buy it but got it for my b.day as a gift. I played the single player, and that was very fun and engaging from the get go. Nothing like the bland demo I tried at all.

I started online and that is fun as well. Very good graphics, and you don't need Vista. I have what is considered an average to above average card, and I can get amazing graphics. They game is amazing as crap, but more so for PC users because you can play on modded maps, giving more and more to the end users.

And to think I wasn't going to buy this game!

Is the pc version controller compatible right out of the box? Or do you have to play with the keyboard.

Archived