X-Box (Original console) system question

Yankee4Life

I seem to have a problem running some games on my original X-box system. (This is not a 360.) Every once in awhile I decide I want to play Mvp 06 NCAA or MVP 2005 on my console. I have a hard time starting up these games. It takes me a few tries to start this game up because I get this message:

Your X-Box can't recognize this disc. Make sure it's an X-Box game, DVD movie, or audio CD. Also check to see if the disc is dirty or damaged. Remove the disc to continue.

I get this a few times and then after that it starts up. This never happens when I put in Links 2004, a golf game. I have no problem with that. I checked the discs on both games and they both are good. This is a very frustrating problem and I was wondering if anyone knew what caused this ? Thank you.

I remember these dreaded "DDE" errors on the old x-box. Depending on when your Xbox was made, it can have one of several DVD drives in it. Some of those drives had trouble reading certain EA game discs (I remember this all too well from my old Xbox.. LOL).

I could play 2K games fine, but always had trouble with the EA discs. Best thing I could do was clean the drive on a regular basis. Sometimes it helped... sometimes it didn't. The following site can help you determine what drive is in your box.

http://www.llamma.com/xbox/Repairs/xbox_dv..._comparison.htm

Good luck man.

Archived