Adding uniforms via EAgraph in Mvp 07

Yankee4Life

Let me step-by-step show you what I mean so I can make sure I don't give any of you the wrong information.

Let's say I want to add a new uniform, like this one.

This uniform is the 1962 Los Angeles Angels. Here are all the files in this 1962AngelsUniforms.zip file:

Now, I'd like to add this uniform in the Angels slot in the game. How can I do this with Eagraph? And also, how can I be sure that these files are compressed so it does not crash the game for me? Thank you very much. I am just too concerned with having 07 crash on me.

Here's a photo of this uniform in case you'd like it too.

I had been using EAGraph to install everything until InstallerThingy and TiT came along and my models.big have never been corrupted before. Homer, is this some sort of an isolated instance (for example - if all the uniform slots or cyberface slots are filled) or does it happen with any kind of models.big?

Y4L, when in doubt about files being either compressed or un-compressed, just create a batch file to compress them.

Have eazip and the following code in the same folder as the uniform file.

eazip -c uxxx.fsh

The xxx stand for the uniform numbers. To create the batch file, just use notepad to type the above code and save it as a .bat file instead of a .txt file. Run the .bat file and that will make sure that the file(s) is(are) compressed.

You can use this to compress cyberface files as well - in fact any file that can be compressed, can be, using eazip and a modified version of the above batch file.

it's a known problem for quite awhile. it's not a matter of if, but really of when. you're only fortunate on how long it takes to happen. i've used it enough to see it happen to me and to others here. that's why i've always suggested kraw's installer thingies. i'm not sure what the problem people are having with the Tit, but i would suggest figuring out what is causing the problem. that thing is a miracle worker.

Homer, aren't you confusing Biggui with EAGraph? I've been using EAGraph for everything (cyberfaces, stadiums, accessories etc.) over the past couple of years and haven't had a single problem with it.

Yankee4Life, the easiest way of finding out whether an .fsh file is compressed or not, is to open it with FshEd. There's a function in it that tells you about the compression status.

they both do it. i'm just telling you from what i've experienced. and i install new faces and uniforms on a pretty regular basis, so i know first hand what it will do. that's why i urge you to try to use kraw's utilities, it definitely goes around this issue.

if you're not getting those problems yet, then you're lucky. i didn't say it would cause any immediate crashing, but it corrupts it eventually. don't ask me why or how, i just don't know. if you want to use it, that's fine. my only advice for you would be to make sure to always keep a good working back up of your models.big file, and also keep a separate folder with all the files you want added to it. this is probably the best solution if you choose to use it.

One other thing about this problem that I have installing uniforms in Mvp 07. I have been playing one of the original 07 releases along with the patches released by Kraw. I don't have the Reboot version that he released later on. Is it easier to add uniforms in the reboot version and is that version more Mvp Studio compatible?

I'm not sure about MVP Studio Y4L. I would just use the Inataller thingy even if it isn't eye friendly. Still best modding tool invented in 2007.

And Homer is right, my models.big has been corrupted twice just last week by forgetting to use the installer thingy instead of EAGraph. EAGraph WILL corrupt your models.big if you use it enough.

they both do it. i'm just telling you from what i've experienced. and i install new faces and uniforms on a pretty regular basis, so i know first hand what it will do. that's why i urge you to try to use kraw's utilities, it definitely goes around this issue.

if you're not getting those problems yet, then you're lucky. i didn't say it would cause any immediate crashing, but it corrupts it eventually. don't ask me why or how, i just don't know. if you want to use it, that's fine. my only advice for you would be to make sure to always keep a good working back up of your models.big file, and also keep a separate folder with all the files you want added to it. this is probably the best solution if you choose to use it.

Don't worry, I've got tons of backups. ;-)

I've only heard good things about kraw's installer thingy, but I don't like installers in general. You see, I've been around here for a long time and there's almost nothing about this game (and modding it) that I don't know. So the first thing I do after downloading a mod is to check the file(s) for possible errors/problems. Since I know exactly where each file has to go to, I can easily install everything myself. Sure, it might take a bit longer than with a handy installer, but on the plus side, it really adds to one's understanding of the game.

mvp studio won't work any better with 07. the reason it fails is because of the file size limit constriction with one of the programs. i can't remember which thread it was in, but i remember bigbully (i believe) and i were talking about it, and he posted a work around for using mvp studio. someone else had also posted a work around for it too. it basically involves a lot of moving around with the models.big and uniforms.big files in and out of mvp studio and your game.

Don't like installers either. Was forced allegedly to download Kraw thing that virtually demands a donation and deleted it immediatly. You don't need them. I never had anything but the original models.big and only used EaGraph and Bigui and never ran into a problem.

And Homer is right, my models.big has been corrupted twice just last week by forgetting to use the installer thingy instead of EAGraph. EAGraph WILL corrupt your models.big if you use it enough.

Could you please tell me what it was you did to get it corrupted? Like importing cyberfaces, stadium details, audio etc.

just regular use, particularly with cyberfaces and uniforms; audios too. like i said, i don't know why it did, but repeated use of it corrupts it. i can't remember who explained it, but it had something to do with the fact that eagraph was made for mvp04, but turned out to work for 05 to, just with some drawbacks.

but also like i said before, if you're content on using it, go for it. just back up everything like i said. there's nothing worse than corrupting something and having to re-install everything one by one.

Archived