gameplay fine, then choppy?

ishotlove

I installed MVP 2005 fresh, ran it, but the gameplay was choppy. I downloaded the patches for it, installed them, ran it again, and it worked like a charm. Smooth as ever. So then I downloaded the 07 mod, the reboot version. The install went perfect, no errors. I ran the game afterwards but the gameplay was choppy again, like the pre-patched 2005 (mostly infielder stuttering). I read that the 07 installer completely reinstalls 2005 so i'm assuming it's choppy because it doesn't have that choppy patch installed on it? I can't just install the patch now with 07 there, right? So how would I go about doing that?

I think the choppiness is caused by the textures (uniforms, stadiums etc.) in 07, which are significantly harder to process than those of the original game.

What system are you running the game on?

i have an amd athlon xp at 2.0 ghz, 1 gig of ram, and a geforce fx 5500 with 256 mb of ram. i installed theSpungo's 2007 1x uniforms with TiT, didn't help things at all. i also tried his 2008 beta 1x uniforms, that didn't help either.

edit: i also tried using all the original stadiums from the game disc, that didn't help either. from what i've seen, it's only when it gets to the infield. the exact some thing before EA released their 2nd patch.

edit: ok i did a lot of messing around and it turns out 2005 itself doesn't necessarily run smooth all the time either, at certain stadiums it's better than others. i don't get it though. i had an ATI Radeon 9800 with 128 mb ram and it had these problems but it wasn't this bad if i recall correctly. i now have a Zogis GeForce FX5500 with 256 mb ram and it's worse with double the ram?

Would running the game in 16 bit color instead of 32 help at all? I set my desktop color depth to 16 but the only thing i can use in the game is 32. Is there someway I could change that? I believe when I had my Radeon, i was able to choose 16 or 32.

• 4 months later...

I realize this thread is a few months old but I have a theory on this as I'm having the same problem. Unfortunatly I'm at work right now so I can't test it out.

First off my specs are:

Q6600 @ 3.3Ghz

4GB RAM @ 800Mhz

8800GTS G92

So there is no reason for performance issues. Last night I was playing around with some settings like AA and Resolution but with no improvements. Then I turned off VSync in the game. What happened was that the game started moving so fast that it was unplayable. Everything looked like it was being played in fast foward. At that point I gave up because I had better stuff to do.

But now thinking about it I'm wondering if the offical 2005 patch that fixed the chopiness issue was a fix to the games built in VSync. Maybe with it turned on it's underperforming and with it off it's over performing. What I'm going to do when I get home is to turn it off in game and force it on in the NVidia control panel, also trying to playing around with the 'max number of buffer frames' to see what happens. Any ideas on this before I try it out?

Archived