Longest running Dynasty?

Cavicchi

I had one for almost a season with the Cards!. But it kind of get boring (plus it interrupted Madden, where I tend to play more seasons).

However, now that integrated friends/teammates and guys from this site, my goal is to continue this for awhile (ie more than 5 seasons).

I'm in 2017 with my Cardinal's dynasty. I don't play the minor league games, but I never sim games. I've had the dynasty going since about the first week this game came out.

Wow! You must know every word the announcers say before they say it. :)

I went to 2015 playing all ML games, simmed the minors, and then went to a new roster in MVP07.

I have only played into May, but then I reformatted the computer and lost my stuff and now I'm in a new one that is 5 games into the season, Tampa Bay Rays, 2-3, Fantasy Draft.

Though, on my cousin's Gamecube, MVP Baseball 2004, we used to no-life for a weekend and finish like 10-15 seasons simming.

haha im the yankees too, go yankees!

and i have another dynasty. the pitching is sick, look at my 5 man rotation:

1. c.c. sabathia

2. cole hamels

3. james shields

4. franciso liriano

5. tim lincecum

and then i have another with sick hitting:

1st base - miguel cabrera

2nd base - robinson cano

3rd base - evan longoria

ss - hanley ramirez

of - bj upton

of - justin upton

of - nick markakis

c - saltalamacchia

dh - prince fielder

If you do a fantasy draft, it's pretty easy to get a "Who's Who Under 25" team that's absolutely loaded ... even with a low draft slot. Of course, you have to draft Hanley Ramirez in the 1st round, but after that you can eat up the Kazmir's and Josh Hamilton;s of the world, including Uptons, Ankiel, Hughes, Uggla and about any other great young talent.

You get a loaded team (top 10) with a team salary of around 40M, with ~10 of that being Hanley.

It's weird because you could never get a team to trade it's young talent (due to the salary constraints/strategy the game uses), but in fantasy draft, these go are available even in mid rounds.

If you do a fantasy draft, it's pretty easy to get a "Who's Who Under 25" team that's absolutely loaded ... even with a low draft slot. Of course, you have to draft Hanley Ramirez in the 1st round, but after that you can eat up the Kazmir's and Josh Hamilton;s of the world, including Uptons, Ankiel, Hughes, Uggla and about any other great young talent.

You get a loaded team (top 10) with a team salary of around 40M, with ~10 of that being Hanley.

It's weird because you could never get a team to trade it's young talent (due to the salary constraints/strategy the game uses), but in fantasy draft, these go are available even in mid rounds.

this dude is completely right. also, to be honest i just let the cpu do my minor league picks dont really care about them since i dont know most of them...

and now, just because im bored, heres how i got the greatest hitting lineup (at least after 3 years)

1st pick - hanley ramirez

2nd pick - miguel cabrera

3rd pick - robinson cano

4th pick - prince fielder

5th pick - saltalamacchia

6th pick - nick markakis

7th pick - bj upton

8th pick - justin upton

9th pick - evan longoria

im pretty sure this is right... if you cant get it to be like this just restart the draft (i.e. by the second pick miguel isnt there)

after that my next 5 picks were the top young pitchers and then bench players ( i like to pick players with good speed for pinch running)

to get a pitching lineup like

1. c.c. sabathia

2. cole hamels

3. james shields

4. franciso liriano

5. tim lincecum

i did a draft as well. cant remember this too well but i picked cc, cole hamels, lincecum, and then i picked someone like joba or verlander (young and cheap) and then i traded them for shields and liriano. oh yeah, the cpu almost always accepts the trade if u throw in joba for someone like shields

no no, sorry if you misunderstood. the pitching lineup and the batting lineup are from two different dynasties. i dont think theres anyway you can get such an awesome team. i have multiple dynasties, so thats why i posted them both. try the hitting one though, so first try drafting hanley, then cabrera... you cant get both excellent pitching and excellent hitting on one team sorry lol

When the game first came out I played two seasons of owner mode(every game) and used open draft. I had a sick team but just couldnt get stadium upgrades fast enough.

After that I started my dynasty with the Yankees default rosters and since I have played 3 full seasons (every game) and am currently almost at the allstar break on my 4th. Even with the updated rosters from the guys here and at ea mods I still really enjoy playing with my dynsaty team, maybe its a sense of loyalty I have towards some of the guys I have brought up from the minors.

So far out of 3 full seasons and half of the fourth:

Won 2 world series.

Here is my roster and bench with starting rotation. Mind you , many trades have taken place, but all legit trades.

Starting Lineup

CF-Ichiro

SS-Derek Jeter

3B-Alex Rodriguez

DH-Jason Giambi

1B-Alfonso Soriano

RF-Hideki Matsui

LF-Rocco Baldelli

C-Jorge Posada

2B-Mark Smallenberg

Bench

RF-Juan Encarnacion

CF-Endy Chavez

C-Y.Torrealba

2B-Brian Roberts

Starting Rotation

SP-Curt Schilling

SP-Mike Mussina

SP-A.Pettitte

SP-B.Chen

SP-B.Colon

LRP-K.Wunsch

LRP-J.Parrish

MRP-M.Myers

MRP-T.Gordon

SU-S.Karsay

CP-M.Rivera

BTW, having new uniforms has really got me playing a lot again, thanks to all you modders and converters of pc mods who keep it fresh for us Xbox gamers.

I still think this game is better than the show.

I run it on a modded xbox pushing XBMC with HD cables on a 40 inch samsung series 5 lcd tv.

With the uniform mods, the show cant touch MVP.

hey, looks like a good line up... brian roberts is pretty good though, are you sure this mark smallenberg dude is better than him?

I am pretty sure Mark Smallenberg is Robinson Cano.

Im not sure who he was supposed to be in real life, but once I got rid womack I picked up roberts and then roberts got hurt on a head first slide and was out for half a year. Smallenberg was pretty good so i decided to give him a platoon role and eventually the starting spot.

The furthest I've ever got into a dynasty is right around the All-Star break or so. It would have been with the Cardinals.

However, I constantly start my dynasties over, because I'm seldom satisfied with the settings I have. I'll discover a new tweak to the datafile or sliders which will prompt me to say, "oh, all those games I've played before making this change were tainted! I gotta change!"

If I added up all the games I've played of dynasties I've started over... I'd say I've probably played 10 complete seasons. It's really hard for me to estimate, but that would be my guess.

Well, like I said all the modders keep it fresh for guys like me that actully play out entire seasons.

I also use cutom sliders so the stats are somewhat realistic. Im pretty sure the ones I use originated from here, but I cant remeber who made them altho I know I have tweaked them to my liking.

Im currently using tmlb 1.25 with some from 1.27 along with tweaks I made to the yankee cleets( I know they are sposered by adidas, but I had to change it to nike lol)

Fox sports overlay.

Total audio

I tried using some of the updated stadiums converted by themwin, and they are great btw, however the game seems to get sluggish when I do, as if the framerate is dropping.

Basically whatever I can get my hands on thats been converted or made for the xbox. Great job by all!!!!!

Archived