Installing Multiple Mods

Here is the problem I have. I want to install multiple mods but I cant get it to work. Or rather I dont understand how to get it to work.

1.) When I originally installed MVP 05, I used the default EA Sports folder.

2.) Later I downloaded and installed MVP 07 Mod, it overwrote the original MVP and took its place in the MVP BASEBALL 2005 Folder. I renamed that folder MVP07MOD.

3.) I did get the 06 Mod, but it was part of a very large download for a league I am in. I also have it in the same folder (EA SPORTS) under the name of ATHR (league I am in).

Now when I try to install another mod, they all say "must have original game installed" I techinically don't. Or I dont think I do anymore with the 07 Overwriting it.

ANd when I try reinstall another install of the original game, it wont let me. It picks up on the MVP 07 file everything and my install option is not available, rather only a "Play" option.

Any ideas? Can someone point me in the right direction?

totally uninstall all your files for the game

Install a clean copy of the game

make a copy of that folder

overwrite each total conversion mod you want to a folder apiece

if you search, this has been mentioned several times.

in order to have mulitple installs:

1. install a fresh copy of mvp (you may also then install any official patches you want to use)

2. create another folder (anywhere you please) and name it whatever you want. in this case, we'll call it Total Classics

3. go into your fresh install of mvp and select the entire contents of the folder

4. copy and paste it into the Total Classics folder

5. download Total Classics, and when you go to install it, direct it to the Total Classics folder

6. make sure to have separate icons for each one. if you don't know what i mean, go into the Total Classics folder. right click the mvp2005.exe and select Send To>Desktop (create shortcut). then rename the shortcut to Total Classics.

repeat this process for any other mod you want to add. i would suggest keeping that fresh copy of mvp too so it's just easy to copy and paste from there.

for mvp07, it's a different story. all you need to do there is create your mvp07 folder, install Tit into it, and then run the installer. it will prompt you to insert your cds.

Yeah, I was the one who told our friend here to make this thread because we were first going back and forth via PM's and I was trying to help him there.

He's got two installs of the game already on his system. He's playing the 06 and 07 mod. He wants to install Mvp Caribe -or in the future any other conversion mod- and when he puts in the CD to install, the option to "install" is not there. He's just trying to get that option again so he can install a third copy of the game for this additional mod.

if you search, this has been mentioned several times.

in order to have mulitple installs:

1. install a fresh copy of mvp (you may also then install any official patches you want to use)

2. create another folder (anywhere you please) and name it whatever you want. in this case, we'll call it Total Classics

3. go into your fresh install of mvp and select the entire contents of the folder

4. copy and paste it into the Total Classics folder

5. download Total Classics, and when you go to install it, direct it to the Total Classics folder

6. make sure to have separate icons for each one. if you don't know what i mean, go into the Total Classics folder. right click the mvp2005.exe and select Send To>Desktop (create shortcut). then rename the shortcut to Total Classics.

repeat this process for any other mod you want to add. i would suggest keeping that fresh copy of mvp too so it's just easy to copy and paste from there.

for mvp07, it's a different story. all you need to do there is create your mvp07 folder, install Tit into it, and then run the installer. it will prompt you to insert your cds.

Well there are a few places I am getting tripped up. I have two already installed, and 06 mod and an 07 Mod. The 07 Mod overwrote my original game. Now I can't do jack when trying to install. Will I need to completely uninstall as Rog mentioned?

I am still a little naive on Tit. Does Tit install to the directory its in?

i always suggest having a fresh install somewhere for easy copying. if you want to keep both of those mods, simply create another 07 folder and copy all the files over. then uninstall the game and re-install it for a fresh copy.

there's really nothing to Tit at all. it does everything automatically. you can install several copies of it for each copy of your game. i install separate Tits for each folder. when you run the installer, it asks you where you want to install it, simply point to the game folder. simple as pie to use, since most files are Tit compatible. all you do is open Tit, look for the zipped (7zip, rar...) and hit "do it". then wait and it installs the mods for you. if you have your own files to install, just select them all, zip them up, and then open Tit, and select the zipped file.

Thanks again.

Just a little note here for others who may run into a similiar situation. As I mentioned I had/have the 06 and 07 mod in my EA folder. My 07 mod overwrote my original game. I then changed the file to MVP07.

Well this morning, I went into that folder and chose the uninstall option. It uninstalled the original game but did not effect anything else within that folder (i.e. the 07 Mod). I was then able to reinstall a fresh copy in that same folder, with the proper name MVP BASEBALL 2005.

• 10 months later...

This may help people in the future who would like to have multiple copies of Mvp installed on their computer.

First off, the advice you received in this post from the others in here is in great detail and I follow their lead too. All I am going to add in here is one little trick that helps save a lot of time, and I'll show you how.

I always have one copy of Mvp 05 installed on my system that is a fresh install (right out of the box) copy with no mods installed on it. I use that copy of MVP each time I want to install a new season mod. Today for example I will be using that directory to install the new MVP Caribe WBC mod.

Because I am going to now be using that fresh install directory to install a new mod over it, I first make a copy of that directory and that way when I am done installing the new mod, I still have on my system a MVP directory that is a clean install.

This is what my directory looks like:

C:\MVP Baseball Season Mods

\1951 (the 1951 season mod)

\1956 (the 1956 season mod)

\1961 (the 1961 season mod)

\MVP 05 Clean (out of the box Mvp 05)

Now, let's say I want to install a new season mod. We'll use the 1967 mod as an example. I will make a copy of the directory \MVP 05 Clean and put it in the same directory but I will name it \1967. That way, I will have a fresh copy of Mvp 05 ready to use to install the 1967 mod and I will still have \MVP 05 Clean available to use the next time I need to copy it. Now my directory will look like this after I installed the new 1967 season mod:

C:\MVP Baseball Season Mods

\1951 (the 1951 season mod)

\1956 (the 1956 season mod)

\1961 (the 1961 season mod)

\1967 (the 1967 season mod)

\MVP 05 Clean (out of the box Mvp 05)

This can be done as many times as you wish provided you have enough disk space of course. Each mod is just a little over 2 gig. It can be more depending on what is added into it.

I hope this helps in some way.

EDIT: It was suggested to me from one of our modders (Jim825) that after I have my clean install of the game in the directory \MVP 05 Clean to apply the official patch #2 that was supplied by EA Sports. You can find patch #2 on this website and download it by following this link right here. So all you do is have this clean install directory of MVP, apply this patch and then you are good to go. Thank you Jim.

okay, the question at hand now is what to do since you already have 2008 (or any other season) installed in the default mvp directory (MVP Baseball 2005):

1. Create a folder and name it what you wish. in my example, name it 2008. go back into the MVP Baseball 2005 folder and copy all the contents, and paste it into the new 2008 folder.

2. Go into the new 2008 folder, right click the exe and create a short cut on your desktop. then rename that short cut to 2008.

1. Create a folder and name it what you wish. in my example, name it 2008. go back into the MVP Baseball 2005 folder and copy all the contents, and paste it into the new 2008 folder.

2. Go into the new 2008 folder, right click the exe and create a short cut on your desktop. then rename that short cut to 2008.

so after i do that i can install any mod over my MVP Baseball 2005?

3. now, if you have that new 2008 folder in the EA Sports directory, just temporarily move that folder to the desktop for safe keeping. then uninstall MVP 2005 from your Add/Remove Programs list. this will uninstall everything except 2008.

4. Re-install mvp in the default directory

5. you can now move the 2008 folder back into the EA Sports directory.

6. Create a new folder and call it something like "Original" or "Fresh 2005 Install". Go into your new MVP Baseball 2005 directory and copy all those contents and paste it into this new folder.

7. once that is done, run the official patches you wish 2 or 5 is recommended. this will patch the files in the MVP Baseball 2005 directory. so go in there and copy the files, and paste it into a new folder called "Patched 5" or whatever you wish to call it.

by now, you should have four folders: MVP Baseball 2005, Patched 5, Original, and 2008. that's my recommendations to start with. now say you want to install TC, just create a TC folder, copy the contents of Patched 5 into it and install TC into it. then go into the TC folder, right click the exe and create a short cut, then rename that short cut to TC.

3. now, if you have that new 2008 folder in the EA Sports directory, just temporarily move that folder to the desktop for safe keeping. then uninstall MVP 2005 from your Add/Remove Programs list. this will uninstall everything except 2008.

4. Re-install mvp in the default directory

5. you can now move the 2008 folder back into the EA Sports directory.

6. Create a new folder and call it something like "Original" or "Fresh 2005 Install". Go into your new MVP Baseball 2005 directory and copy all those contents and paste it into this new folder.

7. once that is done, run the official patches you wish 2 or 5 is recommended. this will patch the files in the MVP Baseball 2005 directory. so go in there and copy the files, and paste it into a new folder called "Patched 5" or whatever you wish to call it.

by now, you should have four folders: MVP Baseball 2005, Patched 5, Original, and 2008. that's my recommendations to start with. now say you want to install TC, just create a TC folder, copy the contents of Patched 5 into it and install TC into it. then go into the TC folder, right click the exe and create a short cut, then rename that short cut to TC.

thanks for the detailed instructions...this really clarifies everthing as I was looking to install multiple mods as well!

Archived