What the heck is wrong with parents these days?

Yankee4Life

Since Borgi created that other thread about what is wrong with kids these days, it is only fair that the parents get equal time.

Let me present to you Mommy gang member and Daddy gang member. Mommy and Daddy have a four year old little boy and they are worried about his future. No, they aren't arguing about what pre-school he should attend or who should teach him how to read. They are arguing about the really important stuff, like what gang the four year old should join once he gets old enough to hold a gun in his hand by himself.

I kid you not. Read on.

Credit for this find goes to mikeybags. Thank you.

Parents Fight Over Which Gang Toddler Should Join

Police: Mother A Crip, Father A Westside Baller

COMMERCE CITY, Colo. -- A couple fighting about which gang their 4-year-old toddler should join caused a public disturbance that resulted in the father's arrest, Commerce City police said Thursday.

On Saturday, Joseph Manzanares stormed into the Hollywood Video store where his girlfriend worked, threatened to kill her and knocked over several video displays and even a computer, Commerce City police Sgt. Joe Sandoval said.

After he ran out of the store, police were called and the 19-year-old was arrested at his home.

His girlfriend told police that they had been arguing about the upbringing of their son and which gang he should belong to. The teen mother, who is black, is a member of the Crips. Manzanares is Hispanic and belongs to the Westside Ballers gang, the woman said.

"They have different ideas on how the baby should be raised. Basically, she said they cannot agree on which gang the baby would 'claim,'" Sandoval said.

Manzanares was charged with disorderly conduct, harassment, and domestic violence. He was transported to the Adams County Detention Facility.

On Tuesday, he pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct and was sentenced to a year of probation. The misdemeanor harassment charge was dropped.

Link to article.

That's pretty stupid, obviously. What makes me wonder is, seeing as one is a Crip and the other is a Westside Baller, and considering how much of an impact these groups have on each other, I find it kind of surprising that to gang members with different POVs would find someone from another group, if that makes sense.

Just goes to show you the injustice in today's world. Good people die of cancer, heart disease, organ issues, blood diseases, and can't find cures from the thin list of patients. And then, this. Who would allow these two to mate?

I have a question... how in the world did all this gang crap even start? Was it because of hip hop? I don't know but the world is completely f***ed up. I mean, why would you even bother marrying someone that isn't even in your "gang".

A Crip, or a Westside Baller, are you kidding me get real people

Now if it was Crips or Bloods I could see that

Exactly. Kraw got to the real problem here...I was expecting Crips and Bloods. If I was that baby, I'd take the Crips in a heartbeat.

I have a question... how in the world did all this gang crap even start? Was it because of hip hop? I don't know but the world is completely f***ed up. I mean, why would you even bother marrying someone that isn't even in your "gang".

hip hop?

Crips were founded in 1969, blame Motown

Gang membership has little to do with musical preference.

And, like kraw, I could see Crips and Bloods. But Westside Ballers? Hmm...nah. And since I have a certain initial in my last name, my choice would be rather obvious. ;)

D-Unit, I had respect for you, being a Yankees fan and all. But now, you stay away from me. You don't even direct a post in my general direction, you dirty ­­¢rab! :twisted: :ninja: :club: :reddot: :shotgun: :thunder: :stfu: :horse: :007: :morons: :twak: :pistols: :assault: :camper: :lurk: :plzdie: :rambo:

I live in Colorado, and all I can say is that Commerce City is a dump. It's the worst part of the Denver area. This one cokehead girl I knew used to drive an hour to go to Commerce City. I'm not surprised at this story.

Archived