The Official "Officially tired of all the Official threads".

DJEagles

What is it with people labeling their threads as "Official"? You know who you are. There is a few culprits who are addicted to doing it. I don't understand? What makes them official? Is it because you though of the thread first? Is it because you think you are an expert on the subject?

I am confused. Officially, I do not understand, not that it is a big deal or anything, but it's hilarious to log on here to see all of these "Official" threads being made.

Video Games

Relationship advice.

GTA 4

Etc.....

These all needed "Official" threads?

Okay then...

...Discuss.

On NYYfans.com for example, you are not allowed to create a thread that isn't "official". You can get banned for making a thread about Ross Ohlendorf in long relief, only to have such a thread locked and diverted in the mega-"Official Ross Ohlendorf 2008 Performance Thread".

Baseball forums were a lot funner to read 5 years ago, but people really get their heads up their *** some times.

DJ, lol - I considered making almost this EXACT same thread a few days ago. :lmao: I think I was considering the title "The Official My Thread is More Official Than Your Thread Thread."

On NYYfans.com for example, you are not allowed to create a thread that isn't "official". You can get banned for making a thread about Ross Ohlendorf in long relief, only to have such a thread locked and diverted in the mega-"Official Ross Ohlendorf 2008 Performance Thread".

Baseball forums were a lot funner to read 5 years ago, but people really get their heads up their **** some times.

I noticed that with NYYFans too...that's something that turned me off toward it and although I still visit sometimes, I think I have about 5 posts there in around 2 years. Great resource for information, though.

The Official thing is along the same lines at the Total thing.

Total Portraits.

Total MiLB.

Total this

Total that

Total Cereal.

I agree with you completely on the Total thing. I kinda added Total to my minor league uniforms as a joke. If you read the download info you will see that.

Also I agree with DJ, everyone wants their thread title to sound the best, I guess. One Official thread I liked was the Official 06 Mod Thanks thread. I forgot if they made one for 07 but I like how there is one place to give thanks to the modders.

I agree with you completely on the Total thing. I kinda added Total to my minor league uniforms as a joke. If you read the download info you will see that.

Also I agree with DJ, everyone wants their thread title to sound the best, I guess. One Official thread I liked was the Official 06 Mod Thanks thread. I forgot if they made one for 07 but I like how there is one place to give thanks to the modders.

It wasn't a shot at you or anybody for that matter. I just happened to see the Total MiLB when I was making this post so it got thrown in there.

The words Official and Total have been thrown around here loosely for a looooong time.

I'm just waiting for the Total Officially Total (insert your own topic here) thread.

The Official thing is along the same lines at the Total thing.

Total Portraits.

Total MiLB.

Total this

Total that

Total Cereal.

Just so you are aware, the original name for Total Classics was

Quite A Lot of Historically Accurate Classic Teams Complete With Their Associated Portraits, Cyberfaces, Audios and Uniforms As Well As Cool Graphical Elements and Some Very Well Done Retro Stadiums

Deciding that this might be a lttle too hard for people to remember, we were just going to go with its acronym QALoHACTCWTAPCAaUAWACGEaSVWDRS, but even that seemed a little long, so we settled for "Total Classics" or "TC" for short.

We can go back to using the longer name if you want (that's how most of the Team Classics members refer to it anyway). Just let us know...... :p

next we'll see "The Official 'Ask When MVP 08 Is Going To Come Out' Thread".

That already exists. It's every thread on this website, plus the shoutbox, POTD area, and PM's. I think I saw a GOOGLE ad the other day that asked when the 08 mod was coming out.

I think that the whole trend probably has something to do with the tendency of people to want to think they are someone with some kind of authority. An "official" if u will.

If i started a thread called the "Official Distance Urinating Thread" that would imply that i'm some kind of expert on the subject. Then if people came and asked questions about how to do it well, if i were proud of my Distance Urinating, it would make me feel good inside to answer them from some sort of expert position. In reality i could know as much about Long Distance Urinating as my next door neighbor's doorbell and it wouldn't matter because people would think i was an expert.

In reality i could know as much about Long Distance Urinating as my next door neighbor's doorbell and it wouldn't matter because people would think i was an expert.

Are you implying that:

A. You know more about Long Distance Urinating than your neighbor's doorbell knows about Long Distance Urinating

OR

B. Your knowledge of Long Distance Urinating is equivalent to your knowledge of your neighbor's doorbell?

I for one would all like an Official clarification. Only then will I consider you an expert on Long Distance Urination, your neighbor's doorbell or perhaps both (i.e. Total Official expertise).

Archived