Jim825's combo datafiles v4.0 uploaded

Jim825

It's been close to 3 years since I uploaded my v3.0 combo datafile, so I figured that it was time to make an update. The v4.0 datafile package provides four combo datafiles in four folders:

- Walkup Music On

- Foul Ball Replays On

- Walkup Music and Foul Ball Replays On

1. Default datafile

The Default datafile is the same as my v3.0 datafile and it contains the following modifications:

- Trues' batting camera #4

- Trues' change to remove batter walkup music

- Pared's Behind the Pitcher camera #6

- Spitoon's walk fix (which reduces the size of the "sweet spot" in the pitching meter)

- Trues' changes to remove foul ball replays

- Spitoon's changes to move the outfielders back

- abhall's HH low batting view camera #5

- Spitoon's changes to move the infielders in

- SeralMike's Walk and Strikeout Fix

2. Walkup Music On datafile

The Walkup Music On datafile is the same as the Default version above except that it turns on Batter Walkup Music

3. Foulball Replays On datafile

The Foulball Replay On datafile is the same as the Default version above except that it turns on Foulball Replays

4. Walkup Music and Foulball Replays On datafile

The Walkup Music and Foulball Replay On datafile is the same as the Default version above except that it turns on Batter Walkup Music and Foul Ball Replays

Notes

All of these datafiles contain SerialMike's Walk and Strikeout fix to provide the proper balance of walks and strikeouts. Mike recommends setting the User Pitch Meter Difficulty Slider to 0. If you find the pitching too easy, you can make the slider more negative. If you find the pitching too dificult, you can make the slider more positive.

Installation:

To install, select your desired the datafile and extract it to your MVP2005 Baseballdata folder.

You can download the v4.0 datafiles here: http://www.mvpmods.com/Downloads/details/id=4460.html

Information about my v3.0 combo datafile can be found here: http://www.mvpmods.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=...highlight=.html

• 3 months later...

Good Pro Sliders for this datafile ?

The settings I use are shown below. For my style of play and my abilities, they give me a variety of good games. I get close games, blowouts, extra inning games, etc. Naturally, these settings may not work the same for others. The infielder and outfielder speed settings allow me to see more balls drop in for hits, but don't let everything get through.

Gameplay Settings

Difficulty: Pro

Fielding: Assisted

Strike Zone: Off

Hot/Cold Zones: Off

Hitters Eye: Off

Pitch Cursor: Fade

Variable Strike Zone: On

Base Umpire Blown Calls: On

Variable Stuff: On

Batting View: Pitch 6 / Bat 4

Sliders

Sliders not listed have a value of 0

User Pitch Meter Difficulty: 18

Pitch Speed: -10

CPU Pitch Ball Rate: 15

User Pitcher Fatigue: 5

CPU Pitcher Fatigue: 40

User Pitch Control: -35

CPU Pitch Control: -50

Bullpen Fatigue Rate -10

Bullpen Fatigue Grace -10

User Batting Contact: 10

User Batting Power: 15

User Bunt Ability: 15

User Foul Ball Frequency: 40

CPU Foul Ball Frequency: 40

CPU Swing Frequency: -10

User OF Speed: -9

CPU OF Speed: -9

User IF Speed: -7

CPU INF Speed: -7

User Throw Accuracy: -6

CPU Throw Accuracy: -6

User Catch Errors: 5

CPU Catch Errors: 10

CPU Catch Effort: -15

User Run Aggression: 5

User Runner Steal Speed: 5

User Runner Steal Delay: -5

CPU Runner Steal Delay: 2

CPU Steal Rate: 35

Ok Thanks.

But with these sliders for steal are you able to steal?

Also with Byrnes and Young that have great speed ( 92 & 88) cpu caught me easly . And I try to steal on 20 and 31 count.

Ok Thanks.

But with these sliders for steal are you able to steal?

Also with Byrnes and Young that have great speed ( 92 & 88) cpu caught me easly . And I try to steal on 20 and 31 count.

I checked my sliders again and found that my current ones are different than the ones I previously posted. I cut and pasted the previous ones from an older post I made on the forums. Here are the sliders which have changed from the last set I posted (and some DO involve the user steal sliders):

CPU Pitcher Fatigue: 38

User Batting Power: 18

User Bunt Ability: 20

CPU Bunt Ability: 10

CPU Swing Frequency: -20

User Throw Speed: 0

CPU Throw Speed: 0

User Throw Accuracy: -15

CPU Throw Accuracy: -15

User Catch Errors: 14

CPU Catch Errors: 20

User Dive Difficulty -4

User Baserunning Speed: 10

CPU Baserunning Speed: 2

User Run Aggression: 8

CPU Run Aggression: -8

User Runner Steal Speed: 9

CPU Runner Steal Speed 2

User Runner Steal Delay: -8

CPU Runner Steal Delay: 2

CPU Steal Rate: 50

If you keep the previous sliders I posted and just make the changes above, you'll have exactly what I use today.

As for stealing bases, you still need to get a good jump to steal bases, and even then, if the catcher has a cannon for an arm, he'll throw you out.

Just making sure I do this right ... but I extract the files to the DATA FOLDER and not the datafile folder?

That's correct. And remember, you only need to install one of them. Since all 4 datafiles have the same name (datafile.txt), if you try copying all of them to your data folder, you'll only end up with the last one, since each one will replace the one you just added. Does that make sense?

is this compatible with 08? o_O? like it won't mess up anything or whatnot right?

It should work fine. If you don't like it, just delete the datafile.txt from you data folder and you'll go back to the datafile included with MVP08 (as long as MVP08 embeds its datafile in the datafile.big file). If MVP08 does include a datafile.txt file in the data folder, rename it to something else before installing my datafile.

Archived