Stadium Swap v. 1.0 for MVP 2005

Sharpshooter

I was taking a peak at the download’ section and found a whole bunch of new stadium mods. New in the sense that I was not around last year. It got me thinking that I can make a “Stadium Swap†program that will allow me to switch out stadiums prior to playing MVP 2005.

There are only so many stadium slots and too many mods. With this stadium swap utility that I made, you can, for example, select to play at Colt Stadium. And when you run the game and you choose Minute Maid Park, it will actually be Colt Stadium. Once you’re done playing and if you decided to go back to Minute Maid Park, run the utility again and choose the original and you are back to normal. Just like that!

The program is simple but gets the job done. It’s a .bat file so it’s not pretty to look at. As for me, I’m playing in these Carribean and Classic stadiums without having to rename or physically swap out files.

I’ve included the appropriate files and folders. Follow the “readme†instructions. It will take a few minutes to place the files in the appropriate folders. But once you do it once, you never have to do it again. If you never played in the Tokyo Dome or some of these others, you should download them and place the files in the folders and run the thing. I am appreciating the stadium modders’ work more now.

If there are any kinks, let me know and I will do my best to fix the issues.

Sounds like a really cool idea, Sharpshooter. It's nice to have the swapping utilities you write to help people sort thru and choose (on the fly, if you will) things like stadiums and overlays, etc.

Thanks for your contributions so far, they are much appreciated!

Archived