Total Classics Phase 9 released

Jim825

The latest installment in the Total Classics franchise (Phase 9) has been released. Phase 9 includes the following changes:

- New uniforms for 1918, 1941, 1967, 1986 Red Sox and 1989 Cubs

- New faces

- Over 1500 new audios

- New jukebox song ("Joltin' Joe DiMaggio")

- New stadium (1956 Milwaukee County Stadium)

- Stadium select screens for EVERY stadium

- Roster tweaks

- New menu text

- New Total Classics game logo

- New CTS screen

- Additional intro movie

- New classic overlays

- New Classic Overlay swapper

You can get Total Classics Phase 9 here: http://www.mvpmods.com/Downloads/details/id=2546.html

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Played with this update some. I noticed 2 things right off the bat. Roger Maris' new face looks great, and sandy Koufax looks like him. He no longer looks like Rod Serling. Thanks for all the work guys.

"The National Baseball Restoration Project" is something google can not find, any info on this?

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=of...%22&btnG=Search

I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you. You know how the U.S. military has classified, super-secret organizations that carry out extremely dangerous missions everyday to protect life as we know it?

The National Baseball Restoration Project (or NBRP for those of us on the inside) is similar to that. It's charter is to help preserve the game of baseball and foil those whose sole mission in life is to destroy the game.

The NBRP is housed in a hardened, nuclear bomb-proof, self-contained bunker deep below the hallowed ground of the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown.

Prospective members of the NBRP must undergo months of physically demanding and mentally challenging training that makes Navy SEAL training look like a 5 year old's birthday party. The NBRP trainee washout rate is about 98%, so only the best of the best are taken.

I can't really go into any more detail about what the NBRP does (we're sworn to secrecy and I've already said too much), but suffice it to say that without the NBRP, the game of baseball would have disappeared decades ago and cricket would now be our national pastime......

I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you. You know how the U.S. military has classified, super-secret organizations that carry out extremely dangerous missions everyday to protect life as we know it?

The National Baseball Restoration Project (or NBRP for those of us on the inside) is similar to that. It's charter is to help preserve the game of baseball and foil those whose sole mission in life is to destroy the game.

The NBRP is housed in a hardened, nuclear bomb-proof, self-contained bunker deep below the hallowed ground of the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown.

Prospective members of the NBRP must undergo months of physically demanding and mentally challenging training that makes Navy SEAL training look like a 5 year old's birthday party. The NBRP trainee washout rate is about 98%, so only the best of the best are taken.

I can't really go into any more detail about what the NBRP does (we're sworn to secrecy and I've already said too much), but suffice it to say that without the NBRP, the game of baseball would have disappeared decades ago and cricket would now be our national pastime......

OK, thanks for explaining it fuzz, eh I mean spungo, no no I mean JIM

As you've obviously deduced from your last message, one of the consequences of being a NBRP member is having to change our identiities frequently. Now that my secret is out, it's hard to say how much longer I can remain here as "Jim825"......

i've played with tc9 last night,

love the Expos the feel of the new old overlays

really looks great with the game

+ my old roster wich is made of traded players

to have a best of all time players for each team

sort of like the legends mod people are working on

now works i dont know what you guys fixed but

this is coooooool !

Marcel in Montreal

this is killing me. i've been waiting for this update and now i can't play it until monday!!!

That's too bad. You should really see all the great faces that have been added to TC9. Oh wait a minute.... Nevermind...... :p

Once again a big time 'Thank You' to all who helped work on this mod

as we continue to take it to a level that we only 'fantasized' about

Hmm, maybe this is Fantasy league baseball :chin:

well i managed to sneak away early and got a sneak at this. thumbs up as always! and i have to agree with the above that maris looks great. not to toot my own horn, just saying that it looks a lot better in game than i thought. also, not sure if it was missed, or simply didn't make the cut, but i did make a whitey ford:

This project is unbelievable. I absolutely love it. But unfortunately I ran into a problem. I'm trying to play the 86 Red Sox vs. the 86 Mets at Shea Stadium (day or night) and it keeps crashing. I get everything set up, rosters,uniforms, stadium etc. and it loads fine, but right after the lead off batter is announced (Wade Boggs), the game crashes to the desktop. This is he first time I've had a problem with this mod. Any thoughts as to what my problem could be?

Edit: It seems the problem is Ron Darling. When I choose him as my starting pitcher the game crashes, but when I choose Dwight Gooden the game plays fine.

Sorry to hear about the crash. We'll look into it. Here are a few questions for you:

How did you install TC9? Did you use the installer or did you install it manually?

Did you install it on top of a "clean" installation (or on top of an older version of TC)?

Are you using a modded version of Shea Stadium or the version that came with the game?

You said that it crashed after Boggs was announced. In the '86 Red Sox roster in TC9, Boggs is 3rd in the batting order. You said that he is your leadoff batter, so it must mean that you modifed the batting order. What is your current batting order? Have you tried playing a game without changing your batting order?

Thanks for the quick reply.

I installed it over TC8 with the installer. I'm using the stadium that came with the game. I did change the batting order. I was able to play a full game against the Mets with the modified batting order. The only change I made was instead of Ron Darling being the starting pitcher for the Mets, I used Dwight Gooden.

you really should install your game on a fresh copy of 05 not another mod, even if it was tc.

but it still could be a cyberface issue. if no one's checked it by time i get back (monday), i'll see if darling has any problems.

I tried something that I haven't done in awhile. I decided to do a draft for TC9 figuring the best players, for the most part, would be represented on the major league teams. The team names are still '64 Phillies, '71 Pirates etc. but each team is represented by drafted players. Some issues do occur with this, for instance, Willie Mays is on several teams. But this gives me the opportunity to play against the best players. I don't know how to change the team logos from my team-the '64 Phillies to just Phillies. Here is my starting team. 1B Gehrig, 2B Carew, 3B B. Robinson, SS Reese, C Josh Gibson, LF Maris, CF Earle Combs RF Clemente DH Mantle Starters Koufax, Ryan, Seaver, Gibson, Carlton. I'm currently 16-7 and in first.

you really should install your game on a fresh copy of 05 not another mod, even if it was tc.

but it still could be a cyberface issue. if no one's checked it by time i get back (monday), i'll see if darling has any problems.

I checked earlier and verified that Darling's face (#695) was in the models.big file. Usually, if the face is missing, the game will crash when it's loading up (after you select the stadium). I'll look into it some more later and try to reproduce the issue.

Thanks for the help guys. To follow up I did a clean reinstall and tried to play the same game and got the same results. It definitely seems to be a problem with Ron Darling.

Thanks for the help guys. To follow up I did a clean reinstall and tried to play the same game and got the same results. It definitely seems to be a problem with Ron Darling.

I reproduced your problem and found that it's not specific to the '86 Mets. The same problem occurs with Darling if you're playing with the '84 Mets. I'm wondering if it's audio related, since his face is OK. I'll keep plugging away.....

As another test, I started the game with Gooden pitching. I then brought in Darling to relieve Gooden. The announcer said, "They're bringing in a reliever." At that point, the game crashed.

I've asked our resident TC audio expert AlexTony to check Darling's audio to see if it might have gotten corrupted.

More to come later.....

Archived